"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:14:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You get your robbed stuff back  (Read 6259 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
You get your robbed stuff back
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:44:58 pm »

Basicaly, I'm getting tired of those dumb russian assholes in the middle of NCR just robbing everybody who is wearing an armor or a weapon. Even worse, after you kill the thief, the guards just run up to the body much faster then any player and takes all your lost stuff. I suggest this - players/guards can only take the stuff he stole only - if the body is lying there 10-20 seconds, or the stuff he robbed just doesn't show up for anybody, but the robbed one. That should actually give somekind of a reward for killing thieves, not like in these days - you waste your ammo and get robbed, perfect!!!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

avv

Re: You get your robbed stuff back
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:54:40 pm »

If anything, the guards should give back stolen stuff to the player whom they were stolen from. Right now everything just disappears to the endless pockets of the guards and nobody wins. Except the thief if he somehow gets some satisfaction from causing trouble to people.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:40:30 am »

stealing should have bigger cooldown like 3-5mins not 30s, its so annoying (also NCR) in peak hrs you cant normally shop, either thieves or people who imitate stealing to make other people nervous

My suggestions:
bigger cooldown
/e animations of skills used (as in other thread) or some name colorizing, in NCR it is so easy to get out, the exit grid is so close, not to mention tight tent ... madness...
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:48:26 am »

If you got robbed in Fallout you didn't get your stuff back (unless you killed them  :P).

Haraldx

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 10:00:53 am »

If you got robbed in Fallout you didn't get your stuff back (unless you killed them  :P).
Please read the 1st post till the end.

Even worse, after you kill the thief, the guards just run up to the body much faster then any player and takes all your lost stuff.
So, does that mean you have to kill the guard or what? 1 time I just did go for the shop, I had some money (about 3k caps). I talked to the shopkeeper and guess what? He ALREADY stole not only my caps, but also all my ammo! And the guards just don't even give a fuck about that you are being robbed! I think there even should be a reward for killing thieves.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:54 am »

oh we russians are so sinned anyway so its ok to fault them even if those PKers in NCR arent russians.

Haraldx

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 12:19:27 pm »

I'm not talking about PKing, and you really should check what happens in NCR, there is just plain suicide bombing, robbing and all done by only people with cirylic letter names.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:20 pm »

by only people with cirylic letter names.
Lies. There're working 13 known for me thieves, and only 8 of them is active last days. And from these 8 people are only 3 has cyrillic name, but really from these 8 people 5 are russians. But you can't know that, because they have latin names, but thier dead bodies saying bad russian words in my adress. Last active bombers are all PL.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »

Lies. There're working 13 known for me thieves, and only 8 of them is active last days. And from these 8 people are only 3 has cyrillic name, but really from these 8 people 5 are russians. But you can't know that, because they have latin names, but thier dead bodies saying bad russian words in my adress. Last active bombers are all PL.

Polish are bombastic ;)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:22:01 am »

This DOES need to be fixed.  Imagine losing 20k caps to buy something like... oh idk, BA and some ammo and right before you buy its gone cus a thief took it, you kill him but gaurds just take it and .... poof its all gone.  Just gone.  Can't get it back, nothing.  The REAL THIEVES IN NCR!?!?  The Gaurds.  But lucky for you guys im planning on making an anti-thief faction, who will patrol these towns and kill thieves on the spot. :D.  But this is only a plan atm.  But I personally see to it in NCR thieves are blown away.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:24:41 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Haraldx

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 09:16:59 am »

Yep, It is too annoying to be true, but it is.
So, possible solutions:
*Guards give all stole stuff back to the real owner if the thief is dead.
*Guards and players can take stolen stuff only after a period of a time, the real owner may pick up his stuff whenever he wants.
*Guards don't loot bodies at all.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:39:28 am »

i personally wish i had a working knowledge of how the triggers and scripting in FOnline work.

but as far as i can tell having the guards give items back one asked about it up to about a hour later or at least a half hour might work.

making them not loot bodies will only make bombers with speedy friends to loot worse.

cheers.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 12:13:42 pm »

stealing should have bigger cooldown like 3-5mins not 30s, its so annoying (also NCR)

LOL. as thieves weren't nerfed already..

Also, what the fuck? Why don't you keep your money in your fuckin hands, when you know that you're going to a pit full of thieves? Why don't you take with you your precious armor which will prevent most bombers from bombing you effectively? Why don't you use common sense? Why instead of thinking of how can you deal with thieves/bombers, you come here and post a whine thread and some stupid suggestions?
Throughout previous session (I mean, prewipe), I was killed ONCE in NCR and it was done by using Holy-Hand Grenade. I survived many bombings, I've even been telling bombers to bomb me and didn't avoid them. Money were stolen from me few times, when I was new in the game (it was september 2009), no one robbed me from anything valuable later, even in times when there was no -reputation for stealing and there were thieves stealing everything you didn't have in your hands. Seriously, you need to stop playing lame and learn how to play effectively and safely.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 09:32:59 pm »

a good solution to this would to just allow people to steal from guards, i mean why not? ive walked into a building killed all the npcs and watched a guard run in and take everything off that one body with all the other looted gear from the other dead npcs (that one npc ran up and looted quicker then i could react)

if only i could of stolen from that npc or atlesat killed them for the loot it would be nice, i jsut hate this freakin no inventory on certain npcs in towns its anooying and unrealistic, vendors should atleast have an inventory to access once they've died but just have nothing in it... as long as they ATLEST have an inventory it would still be sweet.
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 11:57:45 pm »

as long as they ATLEST have an inventory it would still be sweet.

That would just lead to constant dead vendors the whole time, even more as it is now.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.