"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 05:24:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remove Repair skill from SG/BG profession requirements  (Read 4787 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Remove Repair skill from SG/BG profession requirements
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:54:00 am »

Right now only profession of Small Guns and Big Guns crafter requires three skills: SG/BG, Science and Repair. Combat skill is obvious here, Science - well, you need to make gunpowder, metal parts and alloys somehow, so it seems fine. But Repair?
Armorer profession requires only Repair skill at high level (180% for 3rd), and it also allows to fix stuff easily. 120% repair, required for 3rd level of SG/BG doesn't allow you to fix anything without high possibilty of failure. So I suggest to remove this skill from requirements for those two professions.

+ more preciousss skill points to put elsewhere
+ less crafting alts
+ more useful fighter&crafter chars

- it requires a good piece of hard work and may not be easy
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Re: Remove Repair skill from SG/BG profession requirements
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:15 am »

Agreed, repair is only useful at 200% and that is a huge investment, forcing the player to waste 120% into a useless skill is bad design.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:08:53 am »

Good idea, I've just understood that when I made my first small gunner - it's useless, with 120% repair I was broking more often than I do success repair on them...
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:13:28 am »

So Repair'll be another skill in the row of barter, speech and gambling. ;)
People'll still make repair alts, it wouldn't change anything. :/

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:13:38 am »

+1
For now, if you want to play 1 char and be strong fighter + crafter the best way is energy: it takes only 1 tag-skill and requires not much sp to spend in it.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:46 am »

For now, if you want to play 1 char and be strong fighter + crafter the best way is energy: it takes only 1 tag-skill and requires not much sp to spend in it.
Yeah, it's good but have in mind it's very hard to make MFC, and energy weapons need a lot of mats.

So Repair'll be another skill in the row of barter, speech and gambling. ;)
People'll still make repair alts, it wouldn't change anything. :/
Is it better to leave this as it is and order players to spent min. 120 points for almost useless skill?
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:23:26 am »

Repair isn't useless. The only characters who find it useless are Powerbuilds anyway.
The whole concept of an mmo is that there are players who support each other. One can be a fully skilled crafter with atleast a few fighting skills, who supports other players with armors/weapons/stuff. Other players maybe scouts, they look for enemies at towns, or for spies at their bases etc.

But now it's just: "Hm, I have a fully maxed out combat char. But I want weaponz and armorz! Ok, I just level up an alt so I can have all this stuff!"
And with this suggestion purely crafters will die even more out. No one'd be interested to make a crafter as a main character if Repair'll become so useless and just for repairing things.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:26:12 am »

We said repair is useless at 120%, not that the skill itself is useless. It's just been made so hard to repair things effectively that a ton of points is necessary just to not suck at it.

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:28:03 am »

I can lvlup any crafter in a few hours without exp diminishing, so these problem will be partly gone when they turn it on again after improving the system.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29:33 am »

They better not, diminishing xp was one of the stupidest things ever done.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29:37 am »

i agree with the fact that 120% to repair is too little to fix anything so it should be either removed or increased (and having other skills decreased)

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 07:31:57 am »

You can not be a jack of all trades. 120% is too low if you ask me.
Either you go for a fully trained repairsmen with 200% and up, or you're doing just mediocre jobs at actually repairing something, but you know how to create the basic stuff you've been trained with (be it Energy Weapons, BG or SG etc)

To know how to repair something isn't just ... well to repair something, it's also basic knowledge of how the weapons/armors are build.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 09:54:38 am »

shall we add profession check regarding repair items. For example repair a desert eagle should be a lot easier for lvl 1 small gun smith with 60 repair than lvl 2 amorer with 120 repair and vice versa. For generator and other things need repair skill a general rule should apply.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 10:28:05 am »

exactly, the proffesions you take should give you a bonus of 40% to repairing the items your proffesion is for, so a lvl 3 small gunsmith gets a bonus of 120% whenever he tries to repair a small gun, whatcha think?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 10:40:36 am »

How about add your skill in weapons to your repair skill when repairing it? Like you have small guns 150% and Repair 120% so your repair skill in fixing small guns is 150% + 120% = 270% , same with big guns and energy guns.

And armorer proffesion with 180% skill repair will be good in repairing armors.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.