"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 04:23:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Taming (Everything)  (Read 10327 times)

Taming (Everything)
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:04:21 am »

While I was playing, I had an idea: What if animals (non-sentient) only attacked on sight based upon your outdoorsmanship + charisma? A certain level would be necessary, but when you got in high enough, the animals would fail to attack you (and only you) when you approached them.

This lead to the obvious thought that even higher capacity with outdoorsman would let you literally capture anything as a follower, but that's been brought up before, I believe.
Re: Taming (Everything)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:53:33 am »

how about being able to slave (tame) most critters in the game ? and getting them to level up ?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:01 am »

This Has Been Suggested, A MILLION TIMES!!! And I Like it.
IMPLEMEMNT
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:21:32 am »

It shouldnt be based on CHA, i don't think that molerats cares if you look good.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:59 am »

charisma is more than looking good, it's about your actions, for example, if you're charismatic enough you can mimic a molerat so well, it gets confused just about what in the hell you are.

still wanna tame baby deathclaws and breed them for profits, selling em for 2000 caps each, making a force of formidable attack (dogs?) and later invading ncr with 250 of em.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:29:51 am by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:53:25 am »

I believe that taming animals is very good idea but we should not be able to tame anything that moves. Lets say that centaurs/floaters should be tamable only by supermutants (races will not be such problem with 3d) etc.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:18:05 am »

what about baby deathclaws, who should be able to tame them? :'(

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

I had a crazy idea about utilizing characters that have a high science/repair skill, but no combat skills, and introduce new gameplay elements. Ofc as this is a small project it likely wont happen but what the heck..
Why not let crafter toons with a high reapir/science skill choose a new perk. A new perk that lets them build robots to defend them, or turrets to defend a base! Behold my brethren, teh Engineer class is born!(Anarchy Online reference) They arent good at handling a gun(repair and science consuming most skill points), but hey, i would not recommend touching the guy if he has a f****g sentry bot on his side with mounted miniguns and hellfire rockets :D
And while im at it, a character with a high charisma is a good troop transport, but other then that, they are like crafter alts, useless. He can hire mercs, but why does it cost money?? How about another perk for peeps with a high speech skill and charisma, to be able to gather followers, like mercs to defend him? Behold, teh Beurocrat class!(another Anarchy Online reference which is a scifi mmorpg btw)

Hmm how about utilizing the outdoorsmen skill, so the group has a Scout? High outdoorsmen, but little to no combat skills? No problem! Just choose the animal friend perk, that lets you tame wild beasts not just brahmin, duh... Again, the higher the outdoorsmen(and PE), the more and/or deadlyer beasts can be tamed, at the expense of not beeing able to hold a minigun properly..
What about the melee class? How about a high level perk that turns them into a Tank? With a high enough skill in melee, he can choose a perk that lets him wear Power Armor! Yeah thats right, PA, and want to know how this wont imbalance the game? Well simple! He cant choose perks that boost his DPS. High endurance, but low damage output.
Lets not forget about the Grenadier ofc. High throwing/traps skill enables a perk that boost the radius of grenades, or maybe not the blast radius, only add an extra effect to the explosion that knocks back/down mobs in a higher vicinity.
Doctor needs a revamp...
Snipers and Support gunners would get there own perks that can be chosen at 200+ skill.
If you read carefully, most of the fictional characters ive brought up in my post are allready in the game, but only in the form of crafter alts. IMO giving them tools to be effective in a group situation, and letting them actually defend themselves would help the economy in more then 1 way...

Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:15:56 am »

i like the idea of the engineer,  (i zoomed into the qoute lolz), then at last we wouldent have to keep hireing mercs or captureing slaves, Engineer class could make base defences and Robot followers, and sell the Robot followers if he wanted, just need to program it to follow its new master, the only thing thats diffrent for these followers/ base defences are that they need to be healed useing the repair skill, rather then the FA/Doc skills, but shouldent be half as effeshent then FA, (FA is like 100% in skill heals 100hp at Max chance, Repair is 100%, heals 50% of its Hp)
and course there isent many Robot or animated defence sprites for now, so far the only ones i know of are the Mr. Handy and the auto turrets from vault city, but how about.... Andriods?, it would be awsome! and you couple calibrate it into the skin you want it to look like, aslong as you have the armor for it to use, it would be like

level 1 Floating Eye Bots
level 2 Mr.Handy, Base Defence turrets
level 3 Andriods

this would realy help with defending bases from ex members of that faction who still come into it and likes messing things around, but are to hard to kill yourself or with your friends and dont have much cash left for Mutants with chain guns

EDIT: completly forgot the floating eye bots from Fallout 1 hehe
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:28:37 pm by arathhunter »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »

While I was playing, I had an idea: What if animals (non-sentient) only attacked on sight based upon your outdoorsmanship + charisma? A certain level would be necessary, but when you got in high enough, the animals would fail to attack you (and only you) when you approached them.

This lead to the obvious thought that even higher capacity with outdoorsman would let you literally capture anything as a follower, but that's been brought up before, I believe.

I like that, but I will go further... The more outdoorsman, the lesser chance or sequence to be attacked or not attacked at all ... but regarding just animals not humanoids and aliens that would be too much ;)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:06 am »

They aren't friendly woodland creatures, they're mutant predatory beasts.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 12:32:53 pm »

Taming wild animals should be a part of the oh-so-awaited Scout/Trapper profession. Maybe thanks to it Scouts won't be only alts ;]

Yeah, I don't mean taming Aliens or Deathclaws... but dogs (definetely!), rats or geckos could be a nice bonus.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:35:23 pm by DrapiChrust »
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »

i want to see the taming feature in this game, but it have to be restricted to some tipe of chars(high skill requeriment). i dont want to see every char with a death claw pet.
if some day races was implemented (gohul, mutants) can be a beastlord race.
or some trait that allow you to tame some wild animals.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.