Poll

is it good?

no
- 7 (28%)
yeah
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lost stuff in encounters remain  (Read 6445 times)

avv

Lost stuff in encounters remain
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:13:18 pm »

What if players could find each other's bodies and their loot in special encounters.

For example if someone gets killed by raiders, then there is a chance that some raider encounter has this player's body and his loot. There wouldn't be sure way to hunt down your own lost stuff because your body would be randomly generated in an encounter similar in which you died.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Lost stuff in encounters remain
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 04:16:49 pm »

lost stuff is lost stuff isnt it ?

and imagine situation

"fuck i lost all my stuff to raiders, it was ba sniper rifle 3x super stimpacks"
"ok lets go and search for it"
and 20 people walking on same square. Not to mention it would load server enormously.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:18:21 pm by vedaras »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:19:33 pm »

Nice idea, as long as there would be sort of "timeout" for items laying there, because sooner or later the whole wastes will be filled with this stuff. ;)

avv

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »

"fuck i lost all my stuff to raiders, it was ba sniper rifle 3x super stimpacks"
"ok lets go and search for it"
and 20 people walking on same square. Not to mention it would load server enormously.

Hey encounters wander around too. If you lost stuff to some robbers near den, some other dude near hub might meet those robbers.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »

Hey encounters wander around too. If you lost stuff to some robbers near den, some other dude near hub might meet those robbers.

i like the idea that robbers go put their stuff in hideout, not trying to get more near hub...

avv

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 04:33:31 pm »

i like the idea that robbers go put their stuff in hideout, not trying to get more near hub...

Well then, maybe if you walk inside some cave in an encounter you find a cave full of robbers and some dude's loot there.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:41:30 pm »

Well then, maybe if you walk inside some cave in an encounter you find a cave full of robbers and some dude's loot there.

still saving loot would load the server, i think we have enough lags for now :d
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »

Nice idea, as long as there would be sort of "timeout" for items laying there, because sooner or later the whole wastes will be filled with this stuff. ;)

Yes, that would be a good idea, or the server should "remember" a lot of stuff after some time...
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »

It would certainly add some flavour to the game. I say make a global pool of "player generated encounters" which would be limited to one hundred entries. New ones would overwrite the oldest ones.
Those encounters would appear anywhere with 5% chance (of course in areas where you can find the critter, so no BoS patrols with dead people near VC, for example) and would contain the player's dead body without a name above it but "you see XYZ's corpse" would be the text when you look at it. If they were killed by raiders, then no items would be on the ground as they picked them up, but those items would be carried by raiders. If killed by animals, all items would be still inside.

To prevent hunting for your own items, encounters would be generated from oldest to newest.

It'd work this way:
100 limit would already be reached. Player123 is killed by ants. A die is rolled (maybe just a 30% chance?) and if it succeeds his encounter gets added to the pool in place #1. The old #1 is now #2, and the old #100 gets deleted.
Player674 stumbles on a bunch of ants. The game checks if among those 100 saved encounters there is more than one (to prevent abuse again) with ants. Let's say there are five. At places #1, #49, #65, #73, and #90. Another random roll occurs (5% in my example) and if successful, his encounter is generated "special" with the oldest encounter in the saved database - #90.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 02:05:13 am »

sounds good I thought about this too lol I just kind of assumed that it would make the game too easy... but I'd say its worth doing SOMETHING with
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 09:40:58 am »

still saving loot would load the server, i think we have enough lags for now :d

I dunno what is FOnline running on but compared to other games its like from medieval and I doubt that any lags that we are experiencing are there because of hardware. Even if you triple FOnline population it should be still OK.

Anyway its really nice idea and I would love to see it ingame.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:29:41 pm »

I dunno what is FOnline running on but compared to other games its like from medieval and I doubt that any lags that we are experiencing are there because of hardware. Even if you triple FOnline population it should be still OK.

speakin of that my main pc and my laptop from this game fine with pretty much ZERO lag whereas the other pc we use (with a better motherboard but shitty graphics right now) runs the game a lil laggy at times... but will run avp smoothly...

so yeah hardware problem for sure
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:33:06 pm »

speakin of that my main pc and my laptop from this game fine with pretty much ZERO lag whereas the other pc we use (with a better motherboard but shitty graphics right now) runs the game a lil laggy at times... but will run avp smoothly...

so yeah hardware problem for sure

I'm talking about server side.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:47:38 pm »

I like this idea.

But, if you agree, i will look it from other side.

If you join Raiders, you can do SG3, of course, but anything else. You could not visit cities, locations, because of karma.

So why not to make a raiders quest, where you will be a part of raiders patrol, and you will be able to attack (on world map) real players with npcs raiders on your side.. depends on your level, you will visit only similar levels of you. If you will win and you will be faster enough, you can take stuff from killed players. If you will be slower (because you are coward and you stay behind the combat line), other raiders will take enemy stuff from ground and you will have nothing from this action.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:01:02 am by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 12:58:54 am »

mm, I have no doubt that the lagging has no/very small chance to be caused by the amount of players logged in, 500 players is like not much (but still plenty of players considering that it has increased by like 200 since the wipe if im correct, but comparing to other mmo:s its not that much):P

AND consider that the game lag when there are 500 players logged in as well as when there only is 200 :P
(I wont vote >.> if there was a: "I think it is a good idea but I would change some of it." I would vote on that one >.<)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:01:05 am by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 24 queries.