"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:46:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sharing experience  (Read 3672 times)

Sharing experience
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:45 pm »

I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to see a change of team-EXP system.

At the moment the last kill give full exp to one, and just one, player.
Instead a "contribution" system would be awesome

Example:

Ghoul  ( http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Generic_Ghoul ) has 53 HP and give 150xp.
Every shot/hit give a "contribution point" (based on the number of hits or damage dealt, don't know which is easier to realize)
Player 1 deal 10+12 dmg = 22 total dmg (roughly 41% of total enemy's HP)
Player 2 deal 14+17 dmg = 31 total dmg (roughly 59% of total enemy's HP)

So, Player 1 gain 61xp and Player 2 gain 89xp.

Is this a too complicated or inactuable system?
If not, I think this will seriously improve PvE party in FOnline  :)

If you want to exaggerate (and if the system allow this) you can also choose the party XP system:
by contribution (with percentage, more damage you deal more XP you gain) or by distribution (all members gain the same amount of XP regardless of contribution).

This will also prevent powerleveling abuse, where you go with a friend, do all the job and leave your lvl 1 friend just do the last hit and get all the XP.

What you people think?
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Sharing experience
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:02:23 pm »

That would really improve the system of PvE but I think it wont be made cos probably it needs to change the engine.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:13:42 pm »

That would really improve the system of PvE but I think it wont be made cos probably it needs to change the engine.

Yep.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »

Something like sharing exp with rest of your party is essential for any MMO. Definitely a must also for FOnline. But don't think devs don't realize this. I think its their goal for a quiet some time to introduce this but there might be some technical difficulties. And if this was not their goal then shame on you devs  >:(.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:06:25 pm »

Maybe it's not simply the problem of realize, but as they said, you have to change the whole engine, so it's unworkable...

I would like to hear what "leaders" thinks, anyway
This place isn't frequently checked by devs, isn't it?  ;D
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »

This good idea, I had same idea my self. you might have add diminish exp to formula when they enable it again.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »

Well maybe but I don't think it should be shared equally but based on how much damage you do to the creature.

Also if you put this in you can just hire mercenaries and never buy a gun or ammo yourself.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

Well maybe but I don't think it should be shared equally but based on how much damage you do to the creature.

Also if you put this in you can just hire mercenaries and never buy a gun or ammo yourself.

Well that formula should consider more aspects than just dmg done but the main thing is to get this ingame. Then you can argue about "details" like this.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:56 pm »

Well that formula should consider more aspects than just dmg done but the main thing is to get this ingame. Then you can argue about "details" like this.

what other aspects? if its damage done then at least you can't hire mercs like i say to get xp for you. you will have to fight some to get your fair share.

I'm not totally sure how it works now but isn't it person who gets last shot gets all xp for that kill? can be abused by gangs just lower hp of some high xp enemy then  kill with noob alt
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »

Maybe Sius means that it should consider damage dealt BY critter and the player who get more, get also more experience.
But is sounds even more complicated, so as he said, don't argue and wait for an "official" reply if they can realize this  :)

Anyway I'm happy that my suggestion got a good feedback  :D

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 06:49:29 pm »

I meant that you should get exp even if you don't participate in killing mobs at all but you are at "gaining exp range" of party = same location or even sublocation. Exp gain should be somehow affected by player's level since higher lvl will most likely do all the hard job even if he don't deal dmg nor shoot to kill. Also if there are way too big differences among party members then players will get less exp than normal etc.

Simple dmg=exp is not the right path to take.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:41 pm »

I meant that you should get exp even if you don't participate in killing mobs at all but you are at "gaining exp range" of party

Hmmm yes don't make the game too easy then, gang already have enough advantage why give them more?

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 07:04:01 pm »

Hmmm yes don't make the game too easy then, gang already have enough advantage why give them more?

Only gang members are allowed to play together in this game? As I said its not important how it will look ingame right now. The main goal should be to introduce it as soon as possible no matter what mechanics it will use. It will require a lot of testing after all so I think it will be changed a lot after (or if) its introduced.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »

I meant that you should get exp even if you don't participate in killing mobs at all but you are at "gaining exp range" of party = same location or even sublocation. Exp gain should be somehow affected by player's level since higher lvl will most likely do all the hard job even if he don't deal dmg nor shoot to kill. Also if there are way too big differences among party members then players will get less exp than normal etc.

Simple dmg=exp is not the right path to take.

You are talking about what I called "distribution" system, but remember that is very abusable.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 01:26:49 pm »

Something like sharing exp with rest of your party is essential for any MMO. Definitely a must also for FOnline. But don't think devs don't realize this. I think its their goal for a quiet some time to introduce this but there might be some technical difficulties. And if this was not their goal then shame on you devs  >:(.

I think I remember when someone (Lisac?) tried to implement this with the current engine. By its abscence from the game I think you can tell how well it went ;)

It would be nice in the future though, as said, its pretty much a staple of any MMO diet.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.