"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 05:34:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Becareful and some tips for starters  (Read 2590 times)

Becareful and some tips for starters
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:28:04 pm »

Well, i've played a fonline for 12H and wanna stick here some info for starters like me. its really good stuff if starters know it.

1. go to NCR however and talk to buster in the bazarr gun shop. ask him about any job and go to rowhide. talk to woman - look like bartender and ask for tobacco.
so you gained cigarret and can go to buster and get 30 bucks and old leather jarket. also you gonna gain BIG exe for level1.

2. do not try to make any now. if you arnt a great super fixer or scientist. make someting means takes a lot of time and time.

3. if your outdoorsman is around 50, you can try pick a miniguns or some valuables from - wondering Valut city to broken hills. if you find an encounter named ' caravan and caravan' you should go in to
encounter and wait out of there fire range, after whoever wins, you can pick up a lot of things. Do not try sell there to NPCs. sell them in NCR at dame-low price to players. if your barter is around 70 or somewhat
you are a rich. a damn rich at level 1. ( you gonna sell things to NPCs if barter high)

4. your weak. dont try kill anything till you gonna get any fighting skills to around 80 and following weapon. and should use turn based fight cause real time makes stater crazy everytime.

5. having something means nothing to level 1. anyone can kill you for your stuff. so dont be to greedy for items.

6. do not try enter to not-secured town. go to only SECURED TOWN IN WORLD. ex - vault city , NCR not broken hills i think.

well....so how is it?..Im just freakin korean whit sucking ENG skill. therefore im sucker in English world but please understand all my spelling and grammer mistakes.
thanks to read some info.
Re: Becareful and some tips for starters
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:52 am »

Thanks for the effort and for the info. I think I got your idea :D

Thanks again.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:03:11 am »

Needless to add because new players learn this very soon the hard way :
When in caravan + robbers/bandits/whatever fights, looking for easy loot, let the surviving npc loot first or they will attack you.
Brahmin sure do shi... uh, poop a lot.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:57:36 am »

only for lvl1 char. i think but requirement dont say nothing about it so official req. are only: Small Guns skill < 50%, Charisma 4

travel to boneyard:

Talk to the guard to get a bonus to the Small Guns skill
In the Boneyard, go to the fortress of the Gunrunners (building surrounded by radioactive goo) and speak to the guard wearing a combat armor near the little merchant. He will have pity for you and will teach you how to use a small gun.

Requirements
Small Guns skill < 50%, Charisma 4

Rewards
+15% in Small Guns skill.
A 10mm Pistol and 25x 10mm JHP.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

Small Guns skill < 50%, Charisma 4
Works with 3 Charisma.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 02:12:52 pm »

you can get the small guns quest with 3 charisma too

ok tips tips i got alot of them ;p

1) never hold cash on you ,shovel shit till you get the account and then push all cash there. Also avoid spending the cash you earned , its easy to overpay and its easy to lose the stuff you bought .

2) No place is safe , even guarded cities , someone just can kill you for fun .if you want to go afk do it on world map. Watch out for thieves

3) Shoveling shit sux , and sux even more if there is more people around. If you have yoru gun you can go hunt at least its funnier (For me :P) . Use turn based often you have more AP then npcs so you can outmanover them. 

4) Even if you speced for big or energy guns like me its best to use small guns at start. Dont put points there , do the quest from ealier post and you end up with 50+ small guns and thats quite good to shot stuff

5) Crafting can give you good exp. So far (3 lv was i ) my best kill was small deathclaw with 250 exp while noramlly stuff i kill land me 40-100 exp per kill. Crafting give from 10 to 50 exp for easy stuff but ammo - i get 300 exp for making the 10mm rounds (maybe its bug )

(remember those hints are from newbie player so i might be wrong too )

and a questions - how much i should offer for brahmin hides?
how actually i should level above 3-4 lv ? i hunt for encoutners but not sure if its good idea (also doing some crafts when not "too tired" :P)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:15:32 pm by Attero »
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:03:36 pm »

how actually i should level above 3-4 lv ? i hunt for encoutners but not sure if its good idea (also doing some crafts when not "too tired" :P)
I think a good way to level up is crafting bullets (shotgun shells for example,you can sell them for a good price). Also hunting brahmin/molerats/scorpions for easy xp and brahmin hides. Preferably with a friend for easier kills.
Brahmin sure do shi... uh, poop a lot.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 21 queries.