"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 03:57:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Throwing Useful Items  (Read 2862 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Throwing Useful Items
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:20:42 pm »

In the middle of a turn based battle if you run out of ammo or healing items, there's really not much you can do. I propose that we be able to throw small things like stims and ammo to each other. Instead of adding it to the menu on the bottom, you put it in your hand, hit T and select your target. Or you could go into your inventory and select a throw option from the list. Depending on some skill (maybe your throwing skill or some combination of yours and theirs), either they catch it and it goes straight to their inventory, or it falls at their feet and they have to pick it up after.

Pistols, ammo and healing items would take 2 AP, rifles and heavy materials and large ammo would take 3 AP and larger weapons, including big guns, would take 4 AP or maybe just be too big to throw. I guess it could work in RT too but it just seems difficult to do when everyone's moving around that fast.
Re: Throwing Useful Items
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:24 pm »

That..... is an interesting idea that I like. It probably won't be reliable for characters with 30% throwing, but it could be fun.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:51:42 pm »

An empty pistol should work similar to brass knuckles, and an empty rifle should work similar to a club.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world -- Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:56:28 am »

Whole player interaction (party/trade) could use some boost because now its clumsy as hell. Anyway I like this idea +1.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:40:38 pm »

Yes but they should depend on trowing skill to be trown.
And tell how are you going to trow 100 5mm to somoene? seems a bit hard if you ask me.
So (small) guns only and stimms.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:54:08 pm »

And tell how are you going to trow 100 5mm to somoene? seems a bit hard if you ask me.
You should try to play Arcanum by one of perverted character-builds:
Half-ogre with max. STR and throwing skill.
Pick up any item and start to throw at anyone you see. Btw, this is the funniest of builds I've ever played, especially when you throw plated armors or shields or even steam engine or automaton-droid at someone! Also there's imbalanced thing. You can find huge stone in one quest which you can pick up only with almost max. STR, and... you can throw it on 1 square only, but it has really huge weight and does like 9999 damage and kills anyone, so this is one of the strongest builds in Arcanum (of couse don't count imba mages)!

Now to topic:
This can be useful, btw throwing 100 5mm  is possible, don't forget this is box with ammo, not 100 bullets laying in your pocket.
It can work like in JA2, depends on item's weight, but 2/3 AP is too low, it must have the same AP as throwing grenade.
And don't create "T" button or something, just make possible to pick item from inventory, then close inventory and lay this item on any hex, and then character will throw this item there (or atleast at this direction, if it's too far). You can thow any item, but armors/rockets/bazookas/minigus will be thrown on 1-2 hexes depening on your STR, while light weight items like grenades.

But I don't think it's worth it, to implement it.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 04:49:14 pm »

LOL, or if the target is hostile, it should damage them XD
Just one word. Err, link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSmL70VzoQ
 ;D ;D ;D
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 06:08:58 pm »

Hahah, Fischi, thats perfect. Fine movie, great moment, grand for this thread. :D
I give a fuck.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:47 pm »

Add an option to throw every melee weapon.

Swing/Thrust on knives do exactly the same damage, so why not keep one attack and make the other 'Throw'. Same with clubs, crowbars, etc.

Every knife is a throwing knife when you heave it at someone.

I had a lot of fun in Restoration Project 2.0 with Weapons Redone. I was an energy gunner in Klamath, so I killed Keeng Ra'at by throwing a crowbar at him. One of the most satisfying moments I've had in Fallout.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:01:41 pm »

so I killed Keeng Ra'at by throwing a crowbar at him
Thats Gordon Freeman + that throwing knife dude from movie Desperado rofl..
I give a fuck.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:30 am »

Hex-throwing available with next update.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.