"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 08:06:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cheaper Cars, add actual Gas Stations  (Read 3058 times)

Cheaper Cars, add actual Gas Stations
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:58:22 pm »

I'd like cars to be cheap enough for people to consider investing in them. I haven't seen a single car since the wipe. I'd also suggest car prices are based on how many cars -you- have bought, not how many there are ingame.

Alongside this, I'd suggest that like train stations, many towns have 'gas stations'. These don't sell microfusion cells or small energy cells, but instead just remotely gas up your car for a small fee. Maybe like $300 for a full tank.

What do you folks think?

Edit: Also, make the scout faster. That thing is depressingly slow. We only bought it because it was the only one that actually looks like a practical wasteland vehicle. The buggy is faster but by god it looks terrible.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:11:59 am by Badger »
Re: Cheaper Cars, add actual Gas Stations
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:21:04 am »

Yeah, i agree, currently the prices are little too steep. Count my vote for this suggestion.
Oh, and
I haven't seen a single car since the wipe.
Thats just because everyone is afraid to enter any town or anything that would contain players just because of the thieves. And here comes another suggestion - car/caravan stealing right now is just absurd. Ive always been against stealing nerfing, and still am, but really, the situation right now is that a thief can steal your car/caravan in 1 second right infront of you, and thats just...
wrong.
What could be done with this - to steal a car it takes around 10 to 30 seconds depending on skills, and while the thief is doing this, the owner of the car can shoot/kill/rape the thief and not getting fuxored by guards.
I give a fuck.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:34:41 am »

There are no cars because people who have some cash from bugged features are spending it on equipment, mercenaries and such. Have you seen Redding lately? One gang controlled it and had some pretty nasty militia there with miniguns, lasers, plasmas etc. Then second gang came, wiped out whole city and in no time it was again full of NPC guards. And other people who don't have bugged money just don't have enough to afford anything better than caravans.

And to caravan/car stealing I would agree that it needs to get nerfed a lot. 170 skill is enough for anyone to steal car in 3 attempts. When you want to steal car you should do it through something like hijack tool. It should be craftable item like lockpick. You make yourself such tool and you attempt to steal a car. While stealing you will have to use this tool which should work as a key to a car. If you succeed tool will work exactly as the original key to the car and you will be able to open it anytime. If you fail tool will be useless and you will have to use another one. And process of finding the right combination so your tool will work as the key would take some time based on your lockpick skill.

And I would love to see an actual gas station.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:57 am »

Electronic lockpicks.

Also, there are gas stations that have been recently added. They are just not actual gas stations.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 06:52:48 am »

Alcohol Fuel.

A use for stills beyond Flamer fuel and molotovs.

This could create a Rotgut microeconomy.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 06:58:47 am »

yeah, make the Buggy ethanol fuelled, and cheap.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:38:08 am »

Green energy?:D

avv

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 02:47:23 pm »

Cars don't pay themselves off easily. Bad investments.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »

Why not just be able to make a car?  Tons of metal Parts and Junk, And maybe electronic parts (For the fuse box).  The Gas Station idea I like. (Though I never had a car in the game)  Though the question now rises on this, would it have a proficiency?  Could we make a new profession called "Vehicle Crafting"?  Start off with small caravan cars, and slowly work up to something like... A Humvee?

Hell, while we're on the subject, make a separate item for vehicle fuel too.  3 Whiskey and 3 Rotgut.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 07:52:28 pm »

170 skill is enough for anyone to steal car in 3 attempts.

That sounds very easy, but you forgot that 3 attempts  = 30 minutes. Car lockpicking have higher timeout than lockpicking a trunk/door/container.

I'm on it that car stea--- borrowing shouldn't be that easy, but first you must give lockpickers some alternatives, or you will kill that skill. After one of last updates, when "it's not your room" was introduced, cars are last thing that makes that skill usefull. And cars always will be connected with lockpick... we can kill it, or make lockpickers friends of car-owners (crafting better locks for car, just fast example).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:58:38 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:38 pm »

That sounds very easy, but you forgot that 3 attempts  = 30 minutes. Car lockpicking have higher timeout than lockpicking a trunk/door/container.

Dunno how about cars but caravan cooldown for trunk is 2 mins and for caravan itself its i believe around 4? dunno exactly but its 10-15 minute job when you are really lame. And how long does people stay at mining sites?

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »

Dunno how about cars but caravan cooldown for trunk is 2 mins and for caravan itself its i believe around 4? dunno exactly but its 10-15 minute job when you are really lame. And how long does people stay at mining sites?

Trunk - yes, 2m. But whole car(avan) is 10m. No matter if you fail or not.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.