"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:47:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heavy handed trait  (Read 2231 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Heavy handed trait
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:41:02 pm »

Alright description says it all "You swing harder, not better. Your attacks are very brutal, but lack finesse. You rarely cause a good critical hit, but you always do more melee damage."

You always do more melee damage. But the truth is that you only get +4 damage to your damage range, and that is not a guarantee that you will make more damage than without this trait. So my suggestion would be to add +4 damage both to minimum and maximum range of HTH damage. Then this trait will fit description. (it should work something like living anatomy just for HTH purposes).
Re: Heavy handed trait
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »

Agreed, -30% on the crit table is a huge cost for +4 dmg.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:08:58 pm »

+1, why not?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:27:21 pm by West »
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:15:55 pm »

haha hell no , ban vedaras from the forum already!!! look at what his suggestion idea for doc/fa did ... Took the option of healing onesself away from 75% of player.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:38:03 am »

Current FA/DOC isn't bad, it just forces people to have a good medic in their team if they want to go 'PWNing'. Bah, it is even VERY good, as gangs with a medic alt to make medicines, aren't as good in combat as those who have a proper char!

...but...

I have heavy handed and I don't think it should be boosted. This is a trait, not a perk. Futhermore, it is a great trait already, as long as you are not making a HtH char you just get some bonus damage (weaker criticals matter only when you have over 120 and focus on aimed attacks).

(besides, as far as I remember living anatomy also gives +0-5 to damage)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:41:44 am »

Hey Drapi you asshole, my MAIN and ONLY character is a doctor, guess who got fucked over by all these patches! (If you guessed anything besides Doctor, you're wrong.)

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 12:59:30 am »

Vanessa:
Heh, I am very sorry to hurt your feelings...

but

my main and only character is -mainly- a doctor and I don't complain. Is it that bad that healing is harder?
And, as I always say: this game is too easy anyway.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 01:41:15 am »

dont flame about fa in here noone gives a shit except yourself.

About living anatomy: it always ads 5 damage, without any resistance of that damage, so if you have bb gun and shooting apa guy, you will always do 5 damage to him at least :>
About heavy handed: no its not really good enough. Now you make a damage doing hth build, 10 strenght, 3x bonus hth damage, and heavy handed. So you get +15 to maximum damage in this way. And you do about 7.5 damage more with each hit on average. For example you are fighting with big guns and avenger, you take 1 bonus ranged damage perk, and you get +80 to maximum damage from one perk with one burst while doing +40 damage on average.

So compare 3 perks, 1 trait and 10 special points to strength with 7.5 average damage bonus and 1 perk with 40 damage bonus. Well lets take into count even the fact that punch cost 3 ap and burst with avenger 7 (as big gunners always take fast shot so 6). So from 2 hits unarmed you get 15 average damage bonus from 3 perks 1 trait and 10 special points to strenght still it looks very poor compared to 40 bonus damage on average from avenger. You can ask? So you think unarmed should do more damage than gun with big cost? Hell no! But even if my suggestion would be added you would do only +19 damage on average from 1 trait 3 perks and 10 special points to strenght compared once again to +40 damage on average with avenger, more than 2 times more damage with ONLY ONE PERK. (Dont forget that you also do -30% effective criticals). And after all these calculations can you say that heavy handed doesnt need little improvement to at least fit trait description itself?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:47:23 am by vedaras »
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 06:15:04 am »

There is no melee fighters at all, so why dont make them strong?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 08:21:09 am »

Always atleast one ;)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 02:04:27 pm »

Aye, HH totally sucks. I'm sure one day in the distant furture we will get round to doing something.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 03:40:07 pm »

Aye, HH totally sucks. I'm sure one day in the distant furture we will get round to doing something.

It doesnt need much. One thing that is urgent for hth fighters is ability to run  to target, when you target a melee action on your enemy. Now even someone with bb gun can easy defeat hth fighter 1v1 in real time, only by running away from him since you will only walk to him, when you try to punch him.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

Fast shot is the only reason this trait sucks now.. :/
IF fast shot would affect HtH again, these 2 traits would make a deadly combo..
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 10:27:09 pm »

Fast shot....a punch is not a shot.
Or am I wrong?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 10:13:37 am »

Fast shot....a punch is not a shot.
Or am I wrong?

in f1 it was :<
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.