• April 27, 2024, 11:00:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What do you think bout that?

I like the trophies (useful), and Im waiting to see some bosses implemented
I like the trophies (useless, matter of roleplaying), and Im waiting to see some bosses implemented
Deathclaw fangs would fit my tent perfectly! But such strong creatures doesnt fit my vision of this game.
Trophies seems to be useless change, but I'd be glad to kick some moloch's backs
Total crap

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trophies system, PvE changes, Roleplay, Feeling of Wasteland  (Read 5093 times)

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
Trophies system, PvE changes, Roleplay, Feeling of Wasteland
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:33:29 pm »

I've been scouting a little bit today, and while ecountering some rare abominations I've came to an idea.

Being able to kill some of the monsters in the wasteland is nobilitating thing. Killing mature deathclaw makes a line between you, and people who were unable to do this. In fact soon or later everyone can achieve that thing, but the feeling's still nice.

This, what could make some more... Taste? of playing Fonline would be trophy of thing you killed.

My idea wont affect economy much (but a trophy as target of quest or something which you can trade via talk option somewhere would be nice) and gives personal satisfaction for the players.

Adding possibility of picking Endless Walkers or Deathclaw claws (or any other part of dangerous monster) would be also nice thing for roleplaying.
For example from now on trial which every one willing to join our faction has to finish is to go alone into the desert and retun with proof of killing Endless Walker.
For now its screenshot, claws could do better : >

I think many people could have use of these trophies. Even If they wont be usable anyhow, im pretty sure that someone would counter Sol Palmers tent with a gore one :>

Also as a part of this suggestion: there's one thing that I think that Fonline lacks, comparing to other MMO's... (I still think its n1, but it could be even better)
We can gather man and do some serious PvP, but we cannot gather man and do some serious PvE.

Adding places where 5 meters high, extremally strong abominations live would make some pleasure and change in the gameplay.
Because for now on there's nothing worthy (Fun/Time, not Gain/Time) doing at PvE

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Molech
something like this, with like 3000 hp - oooch, just imagine those people raiding them :>
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Trophies system, PvE changes, Roleplay, Feeling of Wasteland
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:36:07 pm »

What if someone is selling these things and the other buys it? :p

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 12:40:33 pm »

I think it is a good idea, if the trophies have no impact on game economy. They can be "proofs" (With the flaws Lexx mentioned) for little gangs, but mostly they will bring players satisfactions, so I like it. But should be only on some of the toughest mobs.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:15 pm »

What if someone is selling these things and the other buys it? :p
Isnt that normal?
Its matter of the person: a man(woman?) able to kill such evil thing, or a pussy which is trying to show off for the caps.

Its bout the way we see us, and the way others see us.

RJ

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 12:45:56 pm »

It's good idea. It can add some new quests and number of creatures killed in pip-boy will no longer be JUST a number :)
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 12:48:59 pm »

I like this idea. +1 :)

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 12:52:58 pm »

If it would be in radom encounter in some part of world eg eg bad ass alien in the center of the desert or some mighty nomad somwhere - then it is a good idea
If it would be in some static location [eg mines/part of towns and so on - then imagine all those traps and pkers just waiting for adventurer...

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 12:54:52 pm »

But should be only on some of the toughest mobs.

Molochs, Ants Queen and other kind of Predators, we will welcome them nicely.

*reloads his gun*

If it would be in radom encounter in some part of world eg eg bad ass alien in the center of the desert or some mighty nomad somwhere - then it is a good idea
If it would be in some static location [eg mines/part of towns and so on - then imagine all those traps and pkers just waiting for adventurer...

yeah, I prefer spawn/encounter system
for example a place (1-2 squares) "which is famous of toxic caves, where Molochs use to live" etc
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:10:48 pm by Imprezobus »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »

Yes, or (And it fits your "mass PvE" as well) incredibly long mazes, with random entrance points, that would finally lead you to the nest of some ants/deathclaws/endless walkers/any tough mobs, like Trapper Town's God Rat in Fallout 2.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 02:01:13 pm »

+1 for Impre idea
Izual that suggestion with "dungeons" is nice
and finally maybe We poor PvE could boast about something!

Blubber we miss You!!!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »

It's not my suggestion, it has been said many times through years =P
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 03:43:38 pm »

I like it. I'm happy with the increased focus on PvE, too. I just don't know how to get into the Toxic Caves yet.

avv

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 04:01:38 pm »

Tandi's head, Lynette's eyeglasses, enclave commander's dog tags... some harder to get trophies. Don't really have an opinion of this suggestion. Wouldn't bother to have it. Encounter fights are what they are: easy once you got a suitable char or enough pals to help you out.

Players should be hunting each other. Killing the biggest pk or greatest benefactor of the wastes should be rewarded with trophy.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 05:16:48 pm »

Dont like the idea of special bosses. Do not make WoW from it.

But I like the idea of trophies, something like condom or cat's paws magazine, totally useless, only for few quests etc.
But in other meaning, to be able to create trophy from every dead creature/player.
Eg.
I would kill deathclaw. I would get from him, with proper skill etc. (science, outdoor, depending on creature) number of his fangs. One, two...
I would create Deathclaw's necklase trophy, with new deathclaw I kill and carve some fangs from him, I would be able to enlarge my necklase.
If it would be shown on logs screen, when I look on some player.
"You see old men with huge deathclaw necklase/trophy on his neck."
Same with humans (not fangs, but ears?) etc. etc.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »

OMFG I see many players are too 1337 to accept some good ideas from other good, but no FOnline, MMO's (yeah it's about WOW). I think that big, scary PvE for group of people (and with trophies) will be good addition to game.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.