"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 12:24:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Wasteland Is A Horable Place  (Read 1113 times)

Dr. Herbert West

• I Have The Green Colour You So Need :D
The Wasteland Is A Horable Place
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:22:37 am »

Lets face it the wastes are NOT a friendly place, its full of murders, thieves,
gangs, and other assorted badness. So Why Are There No Raid Events?

Ex: An Enclave Vertibird  with a load of tech/supplies that crashes in the wastes and we can go try to fight the well armed guards and pilots for a few guns/ammo

2 pilots 4-5 solders
1-5 random weapons
1-5 random armours
200-300 ammo for said guns
10-12 aid supplies (Stempacks, Jet Ect.)

Or a town raid where we can go and try to destroy a town full of guards and towns folk and others can try to aid against the "Raiders"

15-30 Guards
20-40 Towns Folk
x Amount of PC allies

10-20 Random Weapons
5-10 Random Armours
500-1000 Ammo
25-30 Aid Items
We don't worship so much as follow a set of principles. We want to bring peace back to this wasteland. The world tends toward destruction, so we try to make a difference.
— Nicole, founder and leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse 2161.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: The Wasteland Is A Horable Place
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:34:32 pm »

Stuff like this suggested before and in more detail by others including me.

Don't really know why it is never implemented.  The best there is is the rail way thugs quest.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »

Global events, there aren't any except maybe TC what is player-driven only and despite the feature not working as intended by what one of the developers said, it was the saving grace for player interaction for a long, long time. I'm talking about global events in a manner that they aren't made by players, but occur on some some fixed/random basis and those events can be about anything crashed vertibirds in random squares of wasteland(of course rare), special supplies for cities witch need to defended, held to obtain.

For example, locals of redding bring news that an enclave armored vertibird has crashed nearby it's city bla bla bla, after 10 minutes a special encounter opens somewhere near redding and players can go scavenge it, might be you find nothing but a crashed vertibird, might be guarded and have to fight with enclave to obtain valuable resource, the encounter of course visible to everyone in the wasteland( or not but easy to find ), or everyone who is in a faction. Don't have to be a vertibird, just some armored veichle. Of course the map spawned with multiple entrance grids, suitable for pvp and what not etc. etc. open for some 20-30 minutes. Taking in consideration the resources possible to gain are very high tech everyone will want to go check out if there's not some gauss pistol, enclave combat armor, 2mm EC, 4.7 caseless(rare, but still possible to find) happens few times in a day = massive player interaction.

Not hard to come up with this shit, hard to implement it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:18:08 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 05:44:02 am »

Global events, there aren't any except maybe TC what is player-driven only and despite the feature not working as intended by what one of the developers said, it was the saving grace for player interaction for a long, long time. I'm talking about global events in a manner that they aren't made by players, but occur on some some fixed/random basis and those events can be about anything crashed vertibirds in random squares of wasteland(of course rare), special supplies for cities witch need to defended, held to obtain.

For example, locals of redding bring news that an enclave armored vertibird has crashed nearby it's city bla bla bla, after 10 minutes a special encounter opens somewhere near redding and players can go scavenge it, might be you find nothing but a crashed vertibird, might be guarded and have to fight with enclave to obtain valuable resource, the encounter of course visible to everyone in the wasteland( or not but easy to find ), or everyone who is in a faction. Don't have to be a vertibird, just some armored veichle. Of course the map spawned with multiple entrance grids, suitable for pvp and what not etc. etc. open for some 20-30 minutes. Taking in consideration the resources possible to gain are very high tech everyone will want to go check out if there's not some gauss pistol, enclave combat armor, 2mm EC, 4.7 caseless(rare, but still possible to find) happens few times in a day = massive player interaction.

Not hard to come up with this shit, hard to implement it.

Sweet,and super/duper abusable,i am afraid..
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:40:07 am »

map in Fallout 2

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:27:19 pm »

wasteland is good place. drugs, whores, alcohol...

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:23:19 pm »

yes but i prefer: books, tools, workbench xD
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.