"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:40:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More Radiation  (Read 2726 times)

ChikChik

• ... and I'am all out of gum!
More Radiation
« on: February 26, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »

This is wrong that you can get radiated only with centaurs or aliens bites in Post Nuclear Wasteland. That makes anti-radiation stuff like RadX, Rad-a-Way useless, what is really wrong, cause radiation is an important part of game, so it shouldnt be just cut up from the game. I craft anti-rad. stuff only for exp. after it stays still in my locker, no use for it after i get lvl cap.
So, i suggest to add more radiation in game.

1. Barrels with junk - After u get some junk, or EP from barrel you get small level of radiation (lets say 10).
2. Traveling - If you travel with small outdoor skill, u have X chance to get irradiated during your travel, radiation level that you will get depends on your outdoor skill.
3. Respawn - When you respawn your radiation level stays still, or you loose 25 % of your current radiation level.
4. Holding radioactive things - When you hold uranium ore you gain some radiation every gaming hour (lets say, unrefined - 15, refined - 25).
5. Mining - After you get some ore you get small radiation level, same as when you gathering junk.
6. Radioactive places - There must be more radioactive places like Glow (but not that deadly). Gecko power plant, Mariposa (and maybe Sierra).
This will be enough, to make sunshiny California looks like Radioactive Wasteland.

Sorry for bad English, what do you think ?

avv

Re: More Radiation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:53:31 pm »

Radioactivity in general could be more common, it's just how it's going to be implemented. Right now it's only good that radioactivity is almost non existant because it doesn't really have a distinct role and purpose.

But you got a point with some gathering would increase rad levels. This way people can't just mine/gather certain things alone as hermits because they need to go buy some rad x or radaway from players. Radiation could indeed be used to prevent players from exploiting encounters excessively.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Mars Sultan

• Mandingo
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:29:54 pm »

As long as players can just stash their shit and then go get themselves killed to remove the effects, radiation will be irrelevant in this game.

Making it last beyond death (like addiction) would be a good step, and give more reason to craft anti-rad drugs.
Igor Dolvich, Mars Ulrich, Girth Gamer, HOOPWISE98, Bobby Kotick

ARWH. Scummers.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:32:03 pm »

I support the idea.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:36:43 pm »

Ok. When I am ingame, I will give everyone I see randomly between 500 and 1000 rads. :)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 06:56:25 pm »

150 years after the bombs dropped the radiation levels would be tiny, maybe enough to give you cancer by 40 but not enough for immediate results like in fonline.

ChikChik

• ... and I'am all out of gum!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 01:16:15 am »

Ok. When I am ingame, I will give everyone I see randomly between 500 and 1000 rads. :)
Why so many ? There can be lesser numbers :
-When you get some junk u gain 2 rads
-When you travel with low outdoor - 4 - 15 rad
-Mining - 3 rads
etc.
Its not that deadly, and radiation level will increase slowly, point by point until bad effects come.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:41 am »

150 years after the bombs dropped the radiation levels would be tiny, maybe enough to give you cancer by 40 but not enough for immediate results like in fonline.
no, with no action taken to prevent the fallout many areas would remain massively radioactive for a long time, perhaps add a "perma-death" by radiation? it doesn't go away on respawn and if it reaches a certain (very high) point the character is actually dead and deleted.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.