"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:32:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Turn- based PvP  (Read 2565 times)

Turn- based PvP
« on: February 22, 2010, 10:50:05 am »

Hello.

Talking into consideration the increased amounts of TB PvP battles and trolling people do there (coming again and again bluesuited, disassembling stuff, bringing caravans etc) i have thought out a few suggestions (not without help of my faction members) and would like to present them:

1) Real-time "thresholds" (choose either or both)

- if a PvP battle lasts > 1 hr in TB, auto-switch it to RT (countdown timer inside the location would be awesome)
- if a PvP battle has > 30 players, it switches to RT in 5 minutes  (countdown timer inside the location is required)

2) Caravan battles are ALWAYS real-time, so if someone brings a caravan, battle  => RT (maybe in a few minutes too?)

3) Distress radio points dissapear for a player as soon as he dies (i believe it should already work that way, but is bugged)

4) make distress calls cost some AP in TB combat at least... the radio main sure can's use his Morse skills in one second =)

Discuss
  Use your brain!

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: Turn- based PvP
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:57:40 am »

4) make distress calls cost some AP in TB combat at least... the radio main sure can's use his Morse skills in one second =)

Why? Speech doesn't cost anything. I think it'd be safe to assume that a headset is used. Agreed on other points though ;D

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:13:06 pm »

The best solution would be imo to just have the option to switch between RT and TB during battles

Like a voting system, if half of the combatants vote yes, the game should close combat and RT starts
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 01:25:12 pm »

Why? Speech doesn't cost anything. I think it'd be safe to assume that a headset is used. Agreed on other points though ;D

Because you are basicly calling for aid in a battle in form of other players, you could compare it to the use of Fa or whatever. I agree it should defiently cost quite some ap.
5-6 should be fair, you are calling in reinforcements after all, which easily changes the tide of battle.

The best solution would be imo to just have the option to switch between RT and TB during battles

Like a voting system, if half of the combatants vote yes, the game should close combat and RT starts

Only if it would have a timer, or even beter if it requires 2-3 full rounds before it takes effect. (so you can't just take long turns so the timer can run out)

Otherwise you would get this situation:

Group A encounters loner B

Loner B decides to run away in TB

Group A sees that B is going to get away, and quickly uses the voting system to switch to RT (They outnumber B after all so B can't do anything about it)

Loner B ends up with 5 bullets in his head because he couldn't leave the map duo to the RT combat in effect.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 02:29:52 pm »

Yes, such voting in a situation when groups meet each other is only a way to screw 'the outnumbered' even more. Switch to RT should be automatic. And - of course - there should be some kind of a warning before it switches - so that people won't die because the switch has suprised them.

Besides that, I'm for it with all my three hands  :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.