"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:21:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Damage-based combat experience sharing  (Read 2681 times)

Damage-based combat experience sharing
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:18:50 pm »

This game needs XP sharing system. This system will stop kill stealing by players from players, by NPCs from players, by players from NPCs, and will stop bluenoobs from farming deathclaws with the help from their stronger friends.

1. The amount of XP is based on damage dealt.
This is just to determine how big is your contribution in killing a critter.

2. Basic XP amount for killing a critter remains the same.
So there's no situation where you get more XP because you hit your target, healed it, and hit it more. Again, this is just to calculate shares.

3. XP is gained only after a critter is killed.
Obviously, you have to finish your job. Not like in Arcanum.

4. Only the damage that takes HP above 0 is taken into account.
Finishing off knocked out humanoids isn't much of a combat contribution. Same for scoring high damage crits on critters with low HP.

EXAMPLE 1:
Party of 2 players encounters a rat. Rat is worth 25 XP, and has 6 HP. Player A hits the rat for 5 HP. Next, player B hits the rat for 10 HP. Rat is dead. Player A gets (5/6)*25 XP, player B gets (1/6)*25 XP.

EXAMPLE 2:
A lone player encounters raiders and a caravan. One raider has 100 HP. The player hits the raider for 110 HP thus knocking him out. Next, a caravan guard finishes off the the raider. The raider is dead. Player gets 100% of the XP.

EXAMPLE 3:
Party of 2 players encounters a raider and a caravan. The raider has 100 HP and is worth 100 XP.
Player A hits the raider for 40 HP. Raider has 60 HP left.
Player B hits the raider for 30 HP. Raider has 30 HP left.
Caravan guard hits the raider for 20 HP. Raider has 10 HP left.
Raider uses a stimpak, and recovers 20 HP. He now has 30 HP left.
Player A misses.
Player B hits the raider for 20 HP. Raider has 10 HP left.
Caravan guard hits the raider for 20 HP. The raider is now knocked out with -10 HP.
Player C enters the encounter, decides to be funny, and uses FA on the raider. Raider recovers 20 HP. He now has 10 HP.
Player A hits the raider for 9999 damage. Raider is killed.

Player A gets (50/130)*100 XP.
Player B gets (50/130)*100 XP.
Player C gets 60 XP for healing the raider. :)

This wouldn't interfere with the current XP diminishing system. Simply, your share of XP would be further adjusted based on your personal kill count.

How hard would it be to implement?

Discuss, point out flaws.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Damage-based combat experience sharing
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:23:55 pm »

you kill you get exp i dont see anything wrong with that :/
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:25:22 pm »

Nope, that's really good idea, but i think it'll be hard to make...
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:33:07 pm »

Good idea, the only problem i see is with XP diminishing, since you can make like 90% of damage, to critter and let it be killed by some other player or a mercenary - he gets the kill so your XP doesn't dimish - possible exploits. When the kill would be scored to player who does most of the damage there's still way to exploit this by carefully watching critter hp.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:00 pm »

I have the jinxed perk, and from time to time critters critically miss and kill themselves... Does that mean they get XP for suicide?

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:37:35 pm »

Good idea, the only problem i see is with XP diminishing, since you can make like 90% of damage, to critter and let it be killed by some other player or a mercenary - he gets the kill so your XP doesn't dimish - possible exploits. When the kill would be scored to player who does most of the damage there's still way to exploit this by carefully watching critter hp.

XP diminishing is currently off and I hope it will remain that way forever. Level + dmg based exp gaining is the way to go.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »

Half of the people dont understand the main idea in this topic.

I support it.

DEVS: Unless it hard to implement, THIS IS THE ANSWER FOR XP DIMNISHING, COMBAT AlTS wouldnt get so powerful as well as it would MAKE THE GAME LONGER, BIT MORE DIFFICULT (read: EQUAL) when you think of solo vs gang lvling
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 09:31:02 pm »

i totally support this suggestion.

plus, it would be a bit better if you only get xp when you and the thing you damaged (target) is on the same map. hmm but there ara big maps like cities... then if it's not too hard, maybe a "zone" switch could make this a bit more fair. (ie. "zone" is a circle with 3 meter radius. the center of the this zone-circle would be the target obviously.)

you have to be in that target's "zone" when it dies, to get your share of xp from that target.

how's that?

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:36 pm »

i totally support this suggestion.

plus, it would be a bit better if you only get xp when you and the thing you damaged (target) is on the same map. hmm but there ara big maps like cities... then if it's not too hard, maybe a "zone" switch could make this a bit more fair. (ie. "zone" is a circle with 3 meter radius. the center of the this zone-circle would be the target obviously.)

you have to be in that target's "zone" when it dies, to get your share of xp from that target.

how's that?

youre kidding? what about sniper with 50 range? he should go and backstab the victim ? lol
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 10:03:32 pm »

3 was just a random number. maybe it can be the highest range possible in this game. (with all the range increasing bonusses, stats, skills, weapon etc...)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.