"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 06:32:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Make Gatling more useful  (Read 6417 times)

Florek

• Bang Bang Smash
Make Gatling more useful
« on: February 07, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

Hello!

I suggest make Gatling more useful weapon - good for PvP. Now this is only machine to waste MFC, but if give Penetrate or other DR reduction perk, this weapon can be really useful!

I suggest give Gatling 50% bonus to ignore armor DR vs. laser (DR: -50% - changes MFC stat to AP ammo).
Re: Make Gatling more useful
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »

The idea of making gatling useful is good.
But laser.. piercing? Hmm.. It needs a solid retought.. for the realism!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »

Yeah, theres a gatling laser rotting in my tent just because its a waste of MFCs. It uses 10 MFCs per shot and deals damage x. With that same ammo i can shoot 10 times with laser rifle (or even plasma - even better) and deal 5x-6x damage. Gatling laser pretty much aint worth its name right now.
I give a fuck.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:05:09 pm »

Now it's Gatling laser pointer.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 07:08:15 pm »

make mm pistol more useful, add 1000 dmg and something more, you dont want the gun you dont use it - simple :>
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:28:24 am »

make mm pistol more useful, add 1000 dmg and something more, you dont want the gun you dont use it - simple :>

Which one pistol you mean? :p It's different when speaking about low-end 10 mm for noobs, which experienced players disassemble just for getting the few additional xp and something that should be as top-tier as Gatling laser. With 10 shots of Laser rifle you get like 10*(25-50) dmg with 10 very nice chances of making few criticals through aimed shots or 10*x% of criticals when not aimed. However gatling laser is 10*(20-40), range is 5 less and you will have such "bullet spread" (if same as normal bullets..), that you will do hardly some serious damage on 40 range (no need to say you must be very lucky, to do a crit on the single burst). Not mentioning, that laser "minigun" and normal minigun should have different dynamics - laser gun won't probably shake your hand all over when shooting, it won't actually "kick" you even as much as a normal pistol, let alone something "firing 5mm ammunition at over 60,000 RPM", which should make your hand "techno-dance like insane" (sorry for the terminology, I don't know the right terms of ballistics in English).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:30:17 am by Raegann »
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:57:25 am »

I think there shouldn't be any burst spread for Gatling Laser since there is no recoil when shooting it.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 01:29:57 pm »

It shouldn't really be available, only is because of these damn encounters, so use it at your own risk.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Florek

• Bang Bang Smash
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 04:00:11 pm »

It shouldn't really be available, only is because of these damn encounters, so use it at your own risk.
I think in game should be some rare and elite weapons like Gatling Laser, Gauss Pistol or Vindicator Minigun (but REALLY rare).

No burst spread is good idea, with 8/10 laser bullets in aim maybe it can do something!

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 04:11:14 pm »

well, a gauss smg would be far more welcome from my end....
and maybe a small laser assault rifle (sec usage)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:28:58 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 04:27:30 pm »

If it would be pumped up it would be much more rare, as encounters with gatling laser wielders will be more deadly. And remember that rotating barrels add to the difficulty of wielding.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 06:32:47 pm »

I don't think barrels in Gatling Laser rotate, since there is no bullet chamber, and all laser chambers have to be connected to power source by wires.
Design with rotating barrels would require to use contact power connectors, which are less reliable, and some electric engine - that would make gun design much more complicated without a reason.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 01:05:38 am »

No they don't have to. They may just rotate to move through a pumping laser flow and excite and shoot. There are means of wireless energy transport in 2010. They will be much better ones in 2070 :)

NTR

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 01:21:00 am »

Do you ever read what you write?

Gatling Laser is now completely useless weapon, doing very little damage comapring to the amount of expensive ammo it's consuming.
Every weapon should have some pros (for example 10mm pistol is cheap and easy to craft, but it does almost no damage)
Does Gatling have any pros except cool sound?

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 01:24:51 am »

Well it is a pretty retarded concept for a weapon. Multiple barrels for what exactly? Greater inaccuracy?

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.