"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 11:28:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: knockdown and knockout  (Read 6167 times)

knockdown and knockout
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:48 pm »

Ok can you share info on it ? tables / equations - its quite annoying effect if not say /gg one ..

here is info shared by solor in some other place but its not compleate and doenst realy explains..
A head shot, with 3*more criticals, finesse, 10 Luck, better criticals ...

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~39.27% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~47.2%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~35.5% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~28.32%

But then again, on a more general char

A head shot with just Luck 6, with better crits ...

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~26.29% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~32.36%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~24.33% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~19.42%

Ok how damn attackers luck effect KO/KD chance ? it can only happen on critical so i see no reason to mention attackers luck / more criticals perks.
Assume hit is critical:
what are the chances to KO & KD for attacker with and without better criticals
how does Endurance impacts it then and how does stonewall work.
so on...

and yes this is a whine ... had 50% hp mobs would need  4 rounds of mashing me to kill me and i need 1-2 rounds to kill them ...
critical for 1 (lol) knockdown and knockout
bang ban bang critical for 20 ..bang critical knockdown ..bang bang dead ... couldnt get up ... thats just silly ....

Solar

• Rotator
Re: knockdown and knockout
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »

Attackers luck affects the chance of it being a critical hit ... those figures are per shot.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:22:09 pm »

share the info "Per critical hit"

also what are the differances what the attacker is aimed for ?

a shot at eyes has same chances to KO/KD as attack aimed for head/torso/armo and withotu aim ? (we put the ciritcal chances aside - we assume the hit was already critical)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:00 pm »

My spreadsheets all display per shot info, if you want to see per critical you can reverse engineer it from those figures.

KO/KD are generally similar for eye and head shots, but reduced for any where else.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:28:46 pm »

My spreadsheets all display per shot info, if you want to see per critical you can reverse engineer it from those figures.

KO/KD are generally similar for eye and head shots, but reduced for any where else.

share it then... full one with 10 end and so ;p

also what does it mean additional chances for KD ?
chances for KO are 25 chances for KD are 32 - so the hit has 57% to be either KD or KO ?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:38:58 pm by Attero »
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 11:02:14 pm »

numbers doesnt match ...case 10luck 3x more crit , finease => 60% +15% +10 +10% = 95% crit chance
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~35.5% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~28.32%
makes
37.4% chances for KO and 29.8% for KD

now for 6 luck = > (50+6*5)*60/100 % = 48% and and 6% base crit makes = 54% crit chances so :
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~24.33% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~19.42%
becomes:
45% for KO and 35.9% for KD

those numbers should be same and arnt - this data is inaccurate
also for low END KO  chances < KD chances
for better end  KO chances > KD chances .......... hell why ? both number change for higher end why KO suffer lesser penalty ? makes no sense as its stronger effect...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 12:31:47 am »

At first glance the Luck 6 values don't even agree with myself  ::)

I'll have to check them tomorrow and see wtf I've done.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 02:37:03 pm »

First, for some reason I left luck at 10, rather than 6 (I imagine I set target luck to 6, worrying how you can make a mistake with only 3 variables)

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~26.29% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~32.36%

Should read as:

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~21% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~25.23%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~15.14% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~18.98%

(corrected)

Second, these are head shots, so:
now for 6 luck = > (50+6*5)*60/100 % = 48% and and 6% base crit makes = 54% crit chances so

Is wrong, and should be 40/60, as 60 is for eyes, 40 is for the head. You also have to add on the bonus for ... erm, hitting? ... which leaves you at 42.5% crit chance for luck 6 head shot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:32:18 pm by Solar »
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:52:24 pm »

ok sorry i assumed eye shot now i see you idd said head shot ..so its 40% ..

A head shot, with 3*more criticals, finesse, 10 Luck, better criticals ...
->
crit chance is 40+10+15+1 = 75%
after reversing at target with 6 endurance
47.3% for KO and 37.76 for KD....

additional does it mean its total of 85% for either of those two to proc ? dont you think thats it a bit too much ?
i mean i know that eye shot cannot be done on combat armor neither when target is facing other way but still its 95% crit for eye shot...
0.95*0.95*0.85 = 76% ... 76% to get owned if you let enemy eye shot you is kinda f-ed...

question :

am i right how those chances sum ?
what are the KD / Ko chances for 9/10 END ?
agai nstonewall ..please dig out some info about it ;]

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 04:31:27 pm »

Bah, now I've used an old version to correct the first error. I had indeed left it as Luck 10 originally, so will correct the earlier posts to reflect the correct values which should (hopefully  ::) ) be:

Luck 6, better crits

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~21% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~25.23%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~18.98% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~15.14%

crit chance is 40+10+15+1 = 75%
after reversing at target with 6 endurance
47.3% for KO and 37.76 for KD....

+4.5% as earlier

dont you think thats it a bit too much ?

I think there might be a bit too many knockouts over knockdowns, but the overall seems fine to me.

what are the KD / Ko chances for 9/10 END ?

Hoping this doesn't require me to correct myself twice more:

Out/Down
En 9 - 17.77 / 9.08
En 10 - 17.36/ 7.07

And Stonewall is 50% chance to avoid a knockdown
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:35:21 pm by Solar »
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 04:41:34 pm »

+4.5% as earlier
dunn owhat you meant wit this one ..

with 10 END it is :
45.6% chances of recived critical to get KO
18.6 % for KD
stonewall reduces the 18% to 9% ...

now assuming KD is just 4 ap lower on next turn and KO is whole 2 turns lost ? then thats plaaaaaaaaain stupid .
stonewall is useless as it protects against weaker effect that has quite low chances to kick in to begin with ...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 04:50:10 pm »

You also have to add on the bonus for ... erm, hitting?

+4.5% as earlier

So add it to your crit chance.

Yes, there's too many knockouts over knockdowns, will need changing, a long with a couple of other things.
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 09:18:30 pm »

Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~18.98% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~15.14%

Yes, there's too many knockouts over knockdowns, will need changing, a long with a couple of other things.

Playing as a sniper, it's either I knockout a minigunner with a first shot or I die. It means that I have about 25% chance of not dying (10 hexes of a range difference is just about enough to shoot first). Still too much  ::)?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 09:35:14 pm »

Playing as a sniper, it's either I knockout a minigunner with a first shot or I die.
How so? Shouldn't he have damage like (1/3)*(3/4)*(240 to 330 dmg) if not point blank and with 5mm AP? That should be about 60 to 82,5 damage if your modified damage resist is zero, so if not dealing unaimed critical you should be ok after his turn (most of them probably not capable of shooting twice per turn). If he has 1 rank of bonus ranged dmg, it is like 80 to 102,5 damage, if he has two ranks, it should be like 100 to 122,5 damage. Am I right here?
This is just meant as a question, I'm not very good with these formulas and such kind of things. :)
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 09:52:50 pm »

he possibly meant that he gets engaged where its bang minigun user 10 hexes in front of him
then he has about 1 shot before he gets in point blank range and get 1 shot (low hp) or two shot if he has good hp

ofc if we speak about "naked" then ofc facing minigun is pure death same as getting sniped at 50 hex range ;p
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.