"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 19, 2024, 10:19:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lvl 21 requested to have mercs => to prevent proxy mercs leaders  (Read 5796 times)

A famous gang (and good beta testers devoted to find bugs abuse) highlighted a very interesting game failure:

In Town Control, they spawned with 65 mercenaries.
A GM was observing the scene and took measures: he put in jail 13 mercs leaders.

BUT in few minutes, they have the ability to register 20 new characters and have again 50 mercenaries over town and ready to spawn.

SO, my suggestion is to add a condition to hire mercenaries: lvl 21 requested.

In that way, even if you use proxies and create new mercs leaders characters, you will have to lvl up before striking again => I think it will be sufficient to avoid such abuses.

And please don't remove mercs because of this game abuse!! => Having mercs is a very interesting feature in this game, would be bad to break it.
TTTLA for a New World Order

Re: Lvl 21 requested to have mercs => to prevent proxy mercs leaders
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:00:08 am »

So only level 21s get mercs? Really?

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:25:40 am »

why do you come to such conclusions?

merc system is fine.. count alt is to blame here
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:30:30 am »

So only level 21s get mercs? Really?

Or other conditions that would request time.

Goal is simple: avoid mercs spamming EVEN after having one 's proxies put in jail by a GM.

Example:

I register 20 mercs leaders in few minutes and connect them using proxies. I spam over enemy with 100 mercs.
A GM catches me and put in jail my 20 proxies.
=> not a problem => I register again 20 characters with big charisma, buy 100 mercs and spam again.

@Cocain:This subject has already been discussed a thousand times:  no solution was found to cope with count alt
we have to deal with them and it's ok.

TTTLA for a New World Order

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:50:43 am »

there are thousands of way to limit count alt its the only problem

ur sugestion is only transforming one problem into another not solving it
Aku Soku Zan

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:03:56 am »

The new merc system would already limit you to a max of 1 or 2 mercs with a level 10 Ch alt, depending on the type.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:11:36 am »

Finaly as i was saying all the time :D
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »

Goal is simple: avoid mercs spamming EVEN after having one 's proxies put in jail by a GM.

Example:
I register 20 mercs leaders in few minutes and connect them using proxies. I spam over enemy with 100 mercs.
A GM catches me and put in jail my 20 proxies.
=> not a problem => I register again 20 characters with big charisma, buy 100 mercs and spam again.
A GM can check which team is constantly abusing basic features like mercenaries on 1 lvl characters on multiple proxies on such scale, ban temporarily or permanently characters belonging to its faction, then delete base of the faction itself.

Why tolerate same methods of cheating for months and change interesting features of the game to the point where they are no longer useful, instead of just getting rid of those who can't play the other way?  ;)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:39:49 pm »

A GM can check which team is constantly abusing basic features like mercenaries on 1 lvl characters on multiple proxies on such scale, ban temporarily or permanently characters belonging to its faction, then delete base of the faction itself.

Why tolerate same methods of cheating for months and change interesting features of the game to the point where they are no longer useful, instead of just getting rid of those who can't play the other way?  ;)
If we went by this method everyone would be banned.  Everyone but very few in all gangs cheats.  That would mean devs lose 2/3 of their server population.  ;)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 12:55:50 pm »

If we went by this method everyone would be banned.  Everyone but very few in all gangs cheats.  That would mean devs lose 2/3 of their server population.  ;)

I totally agree with you, and it's very funny too see alt users whine about this.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

Mercs is an interesting feature, but like i said in previous posts, its so exploitable, mercs should be removed from the game until fast relog can be prohibited effectively.

Overall i think mercs are hurting the server more than helping it, i never heard players saying they play Fonline2238 because you can have mercs, but i did hear many complain and even leave 2238 cause of that flawed feature.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »

Mercs is an interesting feature, but like i said in previous posts, its so exploitable, mercs should be removed from the game until fast relog can be prohibited effectively.

Overall i think mercs are hurting the server more than helping it, i never heard players saying they play Fonline2238 because you can have mercs, but i did hear many complain and even leave 2238 cause of that flawed feature.

Why don't you wait until after the wipe and the massive overhaul on them before stating such shit?
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 06:58:24 pm »

Because until it is fixed at wipe (we really dont know in how long), best thing is to temporarely remove them to prevent players from loosing interest in pre-wiped 2238. Do you understand?
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 07:12:24 pm »

mercs should be removed from the game until fast relog can be prohibited effectively.

That said nothing about TEMPORARILY REMOVING THEM since they can't do anything about fast relog.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »

the thing is that they didint use proxies or anything, and innocent people got banned. Shame one tttla the most hated faction, who cannot accept defeat once again.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.