"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:42:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unable to withdraw caps  (Read 3688 times)

Unable to withdraw caps
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:06 pm »

Hi there,

Im trying to withdraw some caps from the FLC in the Hub and it keeps telling me that they dont have enough caps in their reserves... my interest rate is also at 0%

Is there some sort of work around for this? Thanks

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Unable to withdraw caps
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:22:17 pm »

The workaround is that people start to place money on the banks again.

JovankaB

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »

And why would they do that? Banks don't offer anything.
Maybe if you implemented tracking and tents weren't 100% safe...

Free advice: unless you want to have problems with withdrawing DO NOT put caps into bank. There is plenty of people waiting for someone to put caps, so they can withdraw their own (and there are people with MILLIONS in bank accounts). Use tent or faction base instead.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:50:38 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »

this is not happening.

And why would they do that? Banks don't offer anything.
Maybe if you implemented tracking and tents weren't 100% safe...
+1 for jovanka.
wasteland shouldnt be safe. imo now its getting more and more similar to hello kitty online ;p
its way 2 player friendly.

anyways it seems that we have to wait for wipe.
there is plenty of problems that have been promised to be solved after wipe/big update.
so we have to be patient

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:24:51 pm »

Why is the game now way "2" player friendly? I can't remember that we changed anything with tents and bases since they have been introduced.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 04:59:52 pm »

Yeah, great plan you guys had

-Banks get broke
-Everyone withdraws at any chance they get

And then your fix is
"Let's hope some people put money there, so others withdraw and they lose it too"
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »

Instead of making a deposit, you could throw your money at the front of the bank, on the ground. The result will be perfectly the same.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »

It's not my "fix" it's the only way to solve this issue ingame.

But as nobody will do it anyway, you'll have to wait for the server wipe.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 05:57:44 pm »

It's not my "fix" it's the only way to solve this issue ingame.

But as nobody will do it anyway, you'll have to wait for the server wipe.

But you guys did mention that without the interest rate players would soon start using the bank and it would be solved..

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:01:57 pm »

I don't know who said that- I know that I didn't. Not going to touch the economy, it's really not my playground.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »

I don't care about the banks, but what's to stop someone turning off interest on all the banks, spawning a few billion caps and putting them in an account? With the intention of allowing everyone else to withdraw from that cash supply, that is. Without interest, I'm not sure how the problem could repeat itself.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:11 pm »

I don't care about the banks, but what's to stop someone turning off interest on all the banks, spawning a few billion caps and putting them in an account? With the intention of allowing everyone else to withdraw from that cash supply, that is. Without interest, I'm not sure how the problem could repeat itself.

Posted that in all topics related to this bank issue and on irc

I think what they're trying to say is "the players' greed caused this, players need to deal with it"
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »

Players cannot deal with it, because they can't spawn millions of money on some account "out of the air". There are 2 possible ways to make banks usable again:

- GM makes an account and deposits there a large ammount of money (per each bank),
- all accounts have their balance reset.

First solution will make some inflation for some time, while the second will make some people whine about losing money they wouldn't be able to get back anyway. Both of them will make banks usable again, though with 0% interest they would be as popular as in old times.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »

But you guys did mention that without the interest rate players would soon start using the bank and it would be solved..

Eventually it will. The speed at which it restores itself depends on how much is deposited. There is more cash on the server than could ever reasonably be spent - if all of it was deposited now the system would work again until the wipe.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 07:04:48 pm »

Eventually it will. The speed at which it restores itself depends on how much is deposited. There is more cash on the server than could ever reasonably be spent - if all of it was deposited now the system would work again until the wipe.
Just wondering, do you or believe any other dev, actually thinks any player on the server would be willing to do this?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 24 queries.