"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 06:08:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fear system  (Read 5367 times)

Nyan

• Teehee.
Fear system
« on: January 31, 2010, 11:19:17 pm »

Ok, I noticed that some critters or even npcs run instead of attacking me in various situations, I'm not sure if it's a bug, coincidence or what but if there is no fear system, you guys should make one. I mean a lone wanderer seeing me being armed from feet to teeth, armored like a can, with blood covering my.. everything. Now that's a little bit scary isn't it. So my proposition:

big amount of weapons +
good or big weapons +
amours +
outnumbering +
enemies killed +
explosions +
pinning +

those things would be added to the FEAR'O'METER and compared with CHARISMA, test failed = one runs away or is stunned or whatever.
Animals should run when 80% of their group is destroyed. or something.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Re: Fear system
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:57:11 am »

I really like this, but I think it should wait until NPCs out of range actually skip turns. Otherwise this would just be more frustrating than we need right now. Once that works though, encounters could be more realistic with this.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:47 am »

I'd like this for mercs. I don't want to dump 30k on some stupid bastard who doesn't know when to give up.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:55:16 pm »

I like your crazy ideas, sometimes I think that you're russian)))

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:09:49 pm »

That's a little bit crazy idea we came up with my friend once when creating our own rpg system. He asked me what statistics should player use while making a shooting test and we started talking about it. STR to hold a gun in your hand, PE to aim, END to not be knocked by the recoil, CHA to not be feared during the gunfight, INT to create an invisible bullet trajectory including gravitation, wind etc, AGI to shoot during movement and in the right moment, LUK to shoot some vital points. Yeah it looks crazy but that's how real life works. Sort of. Kind of.

Anyway!

CHA should be charisma and will power combined during the fear system tests. Whenever there is a big gun and not only gun fight and you are standing lets say naked with a gun in your hand you can feel a little bit 'dead'. That means you don't stay there and shoot like a ghoul crazy but you run. During each turn a test should be made and if you or anyone else fails that test the game makes him run away towards the closest exit grid. Harsh but cool and real. Players are usually too hardcore to roleplay and they just shoot till the last blood drop and then curse their enemies while laying dead, why? Because they know they will resurrect and dont care about their lifes. This has to end here.

There can be some perks etc + high charisma morale system someone else mentioned some time ago.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »

i think this sucks, great war changed people, radiation changed animals, no fear in wasteland!

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 03:50:17 pm »

thats why npc's run away if they see you in good armor and know they can't harm you. cool story bro

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 03:51:59 pm »

yeah, i would have to agree with nyan, the npc's should be scared of you, especially if you have a lovely bo and chug around a minigun.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 03:56:50 pm »

But what if you're really just a weakling using a minigun to make enemies run away? Should require high big guns skill too.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »

that too

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:25 pm »

I think something like power armor would add loads to the fear factor.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:55 pm »

I think something like power armor would add loads to the fear factor.
Good thing it's not in-game.

Except for the few lucky "event" winners.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 08:53:12 pm »

no, that thing will suck, it would get in situation that everyone has to raise outdoorsman to avoid encounters and some special groups with powerbuilds wouldnt have to do anything cause everyone runs away from themanyway, that would be really gay.
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:12 pm »

that would be really gay.

I'll tell you what's gay.

Sex with other men.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »

what about sex with hermaphrotites, is it gay or a little of both?

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.