"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:46:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rework the molotovs  (Read 4363 times)

Rework the molotovs
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:00:33 pm »

Molotovs should be fire damage not explosive and be affected by the pyromaniac perk. They also shouldn't be 5 ap to throw considering the low damage, grenades are 4 ap. In tactics molotovs were like 3 ap to throw, this would actually give them a use considering how much faster frag grenades are to gather and craft.

Re: Rework the molotovs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:28:16 am »

Seconded. I had no idea they were explosion, that's crazy.

And do we have any better sound effects for grenades? Can we not use the dynamite sound or something? Frag grenades sound like a wet fart.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:53:36 am »

Seconded. I had no idea they were explosion, that's crazy.

And do we have any better sound effects for grenades? Can we not use the dynamite sound or something? Frag grenades sound like a wet fart.

Moist yet satisfying.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:59:31 pm »

suitable for beginners
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:42:10 pm »

Duorden, are you stoned? Lots of pointless posts from you lately. Anyway
They also shouldn't be 5 ap to throw considering the low damage, grenades are 4 ap
Im gameplay terms i agree the AP should be decreased, but if you think logically, to throw a grenade you gotta pull the pin, while for a molotov you gotta take your lighter or whatever and light the cloth up, so actually molotovs should take more APs.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 01:53:00 pm »

Duorden, are you stoned? Lots of pointless posts from you lately. AnywayIm gameplay terms i agree the AP should be decreased, but if you think logically, to throw a grenade you gotta pull the pin, while for a molotov you gotta take your lighter or whatever and light the cloth up, so actually molotovs should take more APs.

sarcasm,uncle

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »

Topic resurrection because something has to be done about this.

Also I don't think it is and easy task but throwing molotov could cost 4AP normally and 3AP while one is holding a lighter in his or hers other hand. The production of 10 molotovs is in my opinion harder than production of 10 frag nades, so they are kind of useless.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 10:07:52 pm »

Also I don't think it is and easy task but throwing molotov could cost 4AP normally and 3AP while one is holding a lighter in his or hers other hand. The production of 10 molotovs is in my opinion harder than production of 10 frag nades, so they are kind of useless.
Point. Also, compare molotovs to flamer fuels. That makes even less reasons why to make molotovs. They should be easyer to make, be fire damage, not explosive and lighter would get useful. And frag nades are also ridiculously hard to make compared to plasma nades.
I give a fuck.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 10:23:47 pm »

You should get crown or some kind of tiara, from mods in this part of forum. Those are brilliant!

Making molotovs is giant problem comparing to effect. Almost no one is crafting them becouse, it's easier and a lot faster to buy them, and following this. You won't buy molotov when grenades are available becuse of even bigger discrepancy in dmg dealt to cost. While comparing plasma nades to normal nades are just fine.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 10:36:14 pm »

You should get crown or some kind of tiara, from mods in this part of forum. Those are brilliant!

Making molotovs is giant problem comparing to effect. Almost no one is crafting them becouse, it's easier and a lot faster to buy them, and following this. You won't buy molotov when grenades are available becuse of even bigger discrepancy in dmg dealt to cost. While comparing plasma nades to normal nades are just fine.
I know this is a molotov thread, but i just wish to point out that no, it is not ok; its easyer to make 10 plasma nades than 5 frags. It would be balanced if you would get twice as much frags for the same ammount.
Best part is im talking/fighting for thrown weapon balance and i dont even play a grenadier, lol...
I give a fuck.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:42:29 pm »

I like the fire-damage idea because it would give another reason to pick Pyromaniac so it isn't just for a "Improved Flamer build".

I think the total cost of thrown "grenade-type" weapons will be re-done after updates so that it requires more AP, but since the damage is bad, I think whatever the new AP use will be, subtract one from that will be a good idea with combination with Pyromaniac.

And yes, I don't think there is any balance between making Flamer Fuel vs Molotovs vs Frag/Plasma Grenades; Frag grenades would always be the best for people that have trouble with HQ gathering.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 11:13:46 pm »

Molotovs should be fire damage not explosive and be affected by the pyromaniac perk.

It wasn't possible back then. I don't know if it is now.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 11:42:33 pm »

I can't help but think about a possibility of crafting napalm grenades. Burning men running around.
And a very weakness of floaters to fire.
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 02:03:32 am »

if AP to throw decreases... then grenadiers have chance with jet to throw 16 molotovs... i mean if AP costs 3. lol

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 03:11:14 am »

I know this is a molotov thread, but i just wish to point out that no, it is not ok; its easyer to make 10 plasma nades than 5 frags. It would be balanced if you would get twice as much frags for the same ammount.
Best part is im talking/fighting for thrown weapon balance and i dont even play a grenadier, lol...

Oww I was talking about grenades in trade, i thought cost in vendors/traders is balanced. I'm not much into crafting grenades beside obvious wiki knowledge but I know that molotovs are pretty useless. So you're right also about crafting those more danger ones.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.