"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:46:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thief perk or profession ability "Better hearing"  (Read 2450 times)

Thief perk or profession ability "Better hearing"
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:04:29 pm »

"Better hearing"
you have fined tuned your sense of hearing.
line of sight doesn't affect hearing distance (someone being around a corner)
being against a wall allows you hear anything said in the other room
also ability to hear whispers from a greater distance.

I think this would be a really cool idea.. could be implemented as a perk or maybe as part of a future thief profession ability.
would be great for gathering intel and make thieves more useful for other things than just stealing and lock picking
or it almost borders on being a tracker ability too.. idk, many uses
what do you guys think?
Re: Thief perk or profession ability "Better hearing"
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 03:07:13 pm »

I guess current wisper hearing line is 2 hexes right? Well, maybe with that perk it could be 5. Average idea that if gets polished could get a really good one...
I give a fuck.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:35 pm »

i would disagree, for expample i would need perk "hearing language translated into english" more :D many people talk in polish or russian, so i cant understand what they are talking from short distance, and perk would make no difference from longer ones.

avv

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 03:22:16 pm »

Required min. PE 7.

Stealthing character could be harder to detect via sound.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

thats the exact same idea I was thinking of! I wouldn't make it a perk though, I mean it's not that good, how often do you need to listen someone whispering. Something like 'better senses' would be awesome for thieves. It would be the combination of what you said, what someone mentioned some time ago about seeing other people area of sight and could be something like 'you hear steps' when someone is approaching and you are stealing/picking/sneaking. That needs much work though. It'd be so awesome if someday fonline would have such situations as you the thief are sneaking inside some peoples base, have to sneak using this type of perks = avoiding other people sights and hiding as they march nearby, and after all this you can go to their weapon stockpile or some safe to steal some intelligence, documents etc.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 06:49:49 pm »

Stealth isn't really ever used though.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 09:23:54 am »

But as I understand..

Hearing is a part of the Perception, huh? Such message could be combined with higher ranks of it (9+ PE), but I don't think adding new perk is necessary

avv

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:17:42 pm »

But as I understand..

Hearing is a part of the Perception, huh? Such message could be combined with higher ranks of it (9+ PE), but I don't think adding new perk is necessary

You can have good eyesight but bad hearing. PE is good enough on its own, it hardly needs any additionall buffs.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 06:19:24 pm »

Fuck yes, i love this idea. Commented and favoured.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.