"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:56:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buyable respawn faction base guards  (Read 2558 times)

Buyable respawn faction base guards
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:03 am »

Instead of buying mercs and having them wait around your base, there could be an option to hire guards. They would appear at your base and can be positioned but can't leave the area and respawn after 2 minutes. This would help counter the constant barrage of attackers once tracking gets implemented and allow people to invest in their bases in a more permanent way. The timer would also allow well organized assaults to break through and loot under stress making it more exciting than sending in wave after wave until the mercs are dead.

Re: Buyable respawn faction base guards
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:30 am »

I like it. So long as there's a hard limit of the number of guards you can buy, so we don't see the utterly insane amount of slaves some people ended up having on their bases.

In fact, it'd be nice if mercs were equally permanent investments. If they die they maybe disappear for 24 realtime hours, but then you find them again in a random encounter. It would be a nice improvement for charisma characters, and we'd see a lot more people buying them.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 01:05:27 am »

Yeah at the prices they cost they should last.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:12:09 am »

Maybe the guards idea isnt bad, but merc should´t be permanent investement, since some weapons cost even more than some mercs and they still dissapear after death.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:33:08 am »

It would be too cheap if they could travel with you and yeah the prices need to be changed anyways.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 02:16:32 am »

Maybe the guards idea isnt bad, but merc should´t be permanent investement, since some weapons cost even more than some mercs and they still dissapear after death.
Yeah, but in all fairness nobody really buys weapons with caps. The major cap purchases are cars and bases.

So long as they lost their gear every time they died, I think this would be a good way of making people actually travel with mercs - which is what I think they were mainly intended for.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 02:00:31 pm »

Idea all forget ?
Fits perfectly base and merc. *service*, wut devs/players can say ?

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 11:42:25 pm »

Seems good. I suggest one merc (guard) should cost about 1/2 the cost of a base one time or 1/20 the cost of a base a week. For better price estimates we should look at TLA forcefield upkeep cost cause i am too lazy to do that.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.