"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 09:45:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyhelp?..can't play fonline.  (Read 4720 times)

Anyhelp?..can't play fonline.
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:18:15 am »

Well. i was impressed because i downloaded fonline and followed the instruction of manual how to install the game.
opened the config and set the IP and host, and pressed 'play' button. but its coming as a blackish screen only and wont to
work. can anyone help me about my problem? or server is still not working?
im using my laptop windows XP and nothing bad. i've set the master and critter.dat in the client file and seems nothing is wrong with me. please.
Re: Anyhelp?..can't play fonline.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:50:15 am »

after update we all have some problems with this. black screen TLA server ?
if you have THIS black screen, first dont add your name as login and password, just click enter with "login"
next: scribe or register your character. earlier - check your ip in config file(94.23.237.127, port 2238), check updater(same ip, port 4040) dont scribe any login and password in config "net", proxy: none.
if you still have problems with that - delete all CACHE files in data folder without DEFAULT CACHE and try same operation.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:10:03 am »

well. i dont know where are the caches. can you teach me how? im stupid in system controlling.
and , what is meant by port 4040? isnt the port is 2238?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 06:34:07 am »

im stupid in system controlling.

shit, m2. maybe im just wrong, but:

1. I have folder fallout2>data>94.23.237.127.2238.cache and default.cache and worldmap files.
delete ONLY this file: "94.23.237.127.2238.cache"
2. port 4040 in UPDATER, port 2238 in CFG file.
you downloaded updates from updater with same ip, but other port. you play FO on 2238 port.

im not expert with this, but i had some problem today with black screen.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:41:07 am by AmneziaHaze »
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:35:40 am »

Well. i was impressed because i downloaded fonline and followed the instruction of manual how to install the game.
opened the config and set the IP and host, and pressed 'play' button. but its coming as a blackish screen only and wont to
work. can anyone help me about my problem? or server is still not working?
im using my laptop windows XP and nothing bad. i've set the master and critter.dat in the client file and seems nothing is wrong with me. please.

Hey Mate, Sounds pretty standard.

Once youve got everything setup which seems u have,
1 ) set the ip and port Haze supplied in your config.
2  )run your updater to aquire all the new dat files and client
3 ) run the client, you will get the black screen you are talking about with error error etc., enter any random charcters into the name and pasword boxes (>4) and click the top 'error' button. this will update all your cache files and eventually you will be presented with the 2238 login screen
5 ) Create charcter and play :)

If you cant figure it out and am unsure about anything let me know ill screen shot the process
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 08:04:30 am »

damn. i've done the update too but now when i play the fonline the screen becomes as white. WTH?
isnt there solution for it??
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 08:36:24 am »

Try not using the 'play' button in the config and running the client itself from the exe, if it freezes or goes white close it and try agian, sometimes it's a little unstable.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 11:52:25 am »

same here, updated, black, or white screen on startup , even though i got the 2238 .127 ip in the configuration it still connects to the life after, and even then, i could not connect to server, watup?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.