"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:11:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Remaking detoriation  (Read 2321 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Remaking detoriation
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:22 pm »

Hey if i have never handled a gun before and my energy weapons skill is like -8, can i detoriate the gun in same rate, that other born-with-a-gun-dude with 150% energy weapons detoriates? The main idea is, that if you know how to handle a gun, you must know how to keep it in better condition. Everyone should agree to this point. And my suggestion is to make weapons and armor detoriation rate dependable on skills.

All weapons detoriation rate should depend on:

50% on your gun skill you have for that gun and another 50% on science. (why science? Well high science is pritty much useless in fonline, and its still a knowledge how things work and etc.)

Armor detoriation rate should depend on:

50% on your repair skill and another 50% on science once again.

We can add other skills to that detoriation rate ratio, like outdoorsman or any other, but the idea that different players needs to have different detoriation, i think is correct.

avv

Re: Remaking detoriation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:49:47 pm »

Current Deterioration is pretty weird feature. Im not even entirely sure what's its purpose anymore. Gun farming isn't that effective anymore because loot-encounters have been restricted. Having a feature that forces players to repeat simple procedures after every few fights is just boring and adds nothing to the game.

Why not add perma-deterioration. It means that every gun has a state of deterioration which cannot be changed without spare parts. It could vary from top-notch to barely hanging together. These states could affect the gun's performance. Encounters and crafting would provide randomly deteriorated gear.
This would add some more micromanagement to our fantastic life of item worshipping.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.