"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 03:55:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Little improvements on joining faction  (Read 2050 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Little improvements on joining faction
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:03:19 pm »

1. Ok, lets say im a doctor and i joined vault city faction i like it there, i will not resign, but there are some problems that i think it needs to be considered:

If i have positive reputation of 1000, and i ecounter vault city caravan ang gecko caravan. And gecko caravan attacks me - so the problem appears, hey vault city hate ghouls, everyone knows, and i am respectible person in vault city, i am a citizen and they dont even defend me from those that they hate. Same would be in an ecounter with another player and vault city caravan, if that player has 0 reputation with vault city and i have 1000, why guards should not give a sh... about their own citizens death by the hands of man they do not know nor respect?

So the point of this problem is, if you have negative reputation with a faction, then that faction attacks you, so when you have positive reputation faction must defend you (i dont say that 100 of positive reputation should grant you that faction bodyguarding, but hey 1000 must be more than enough). Simple.

2 Lets get to another problem now.

If  you attack caravan from vault city, they have radios, city knows about the attack and your reputation drops, because you attackt vault city citizen. But if i am a vault city citizen and i have a radio, and i am the one thats been attacked, reputation of the attacker stays the same. Hey i am a citizen too! I need my faction to care about me.

This  idea can be done in several ways, one would be that just having radio is enough, another would be that you have to use your radio while you are alive and write lets say sos or help in created factions channel, or you may even find a better way to this, but the idea is that faction has to care about you, because you are one of them, just like the others they care about (caravans).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:30:21 pm by vedaras »
Re: Little improvements on joining faction
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

10 minutes ago my VC-citizen character encountered Gecko and VC caravans. When ghouls started shooting at me, VC caravan opened fire and saved my ass. Altough, when I moved out of Ghouls sight range, fight ended.

Also, the attacker gets drop of VC reputation if attack you, -100 per each attack ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:29:27 pm by Szef »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Little improvements on joining faction
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »

well i wish they could defend me :/ all they do now is watching :/
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.