"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:56:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Instant death RT traps.  (Read 2906 times)

Instant death RT traps.
« on: December 13, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

Not going to whine about lost gear. But I am going to complain about fair gameplay.
I've noticed lately that instead of the TB traps prewipe with caravans. These days people place a car in RT have a few muties or other mercs and some friends and wait for people to randomly enter their encounter who die instantly before the map loads. In such cases you have to exit the loading screen en relog as it simply never finishes loading (probally a bug which occures when you die while the map is loading)
I doubt that there are any rules against this, but I think something against this should be done.

For example, your character isn't placed in the map after your map finishes loading (which slightly increases your chances to survive). Or it is easier to avoid deathtraps using outdoorsman. (The smell of death quickly spreads, making it easier for even the people with the lowest outdoorsman around to notice the danger)

I'm pretty sure they had mercs in the above pictures, I saw rocket explosions while I was death.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:40:54 pm by GroeneAppel »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Instant death RT traps.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:52:58 pm »

In the past, doing traps on WM with mercs was forbidden. I don't know if it's still the case.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:54:55 pm »

I guess not, the game is full of traps with mercs.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:01:49 pm »

even if it is intentionally a trap, its not quite possible to find out who is doing the traps purposely for this reason because you could easily have mercs just to farm npcs, but have them on kill players just for safety, and if that player spawns in and is instantly killed, are you really going to ban the owner of the mercs?

So of course it wouldn't be bannable...

But it is a problem, I find it so easy to just go to a encounter, sip a cup of tea, listen to music, waiting for the gunshot of another player dead on headphones and loot the poor soul with delight  ;D.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:03:41 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:12:28 pm »

It's a dirty trick but the Merc user may be taught a lesson in various ways, just use your imagination.  ::)

PS I would even be more upset about encs with players in TB, now those are true traps.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:16:40 pm by Bulldog »
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 11:26:28 pm »

"Merc traps" were back in the days when there were tons of Caravan Carts around on the world map, and players would put tons and tons of slaves on the single map, killing you as you entered. I remember when there were like 30 ghouls that killed me on enter. Good times  :) (that and if it was in TB, the slaves would all wait their turns, a nightmare)

Those types of traps were forbidden. Especially since you could just be offline and still have your mercs react. For camping with mercs, (If I remember correctly) it is allowed as long as you are online with them, especially since you can no longer have random caravans. If you put mercs in an unguarded place such as Vault 13/15, go offline for the night while having them camp a public place, I don't think that is allowed.

What happened to you is, I think, allowed, and should remain allowed, since they are just using their build to kill yours. What could be changed is merc reaction times, and combat while still loading, but that's a separate idea.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:30:54 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 04:03:23 am »

As far I know I don't think the specific act is not allowed.  However if I remember correctly one of the core rules is doing anything to Intentionally slow or impede the testing process is.  This is a fine line to put it lightly but I'm sorry if you're camping in a situation where there is NO chance for entering player to fight back, that should be not allowed.  I'm all for fair play as much as I hate pvp, but there is nothing fair about using the 2-6 second load time to kill someone, in fact for lack of a better term, that is 'exploiting' a game feature for your own benefit.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

avv

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 10:41:40 am »

This is a matter of encounter-positioning.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 02:03:13 pm »

This is a matter of encounter-positioning.

?!?   Umn if you drop into a RT encounter with a PK/Merc trap it doesn't matter what your position is in the encounter, you are dead.  If you're talking about avoiding area's that are highly traveled, well that should be done already but there's only 8 possible ways out of a town zone, and 5/8 probably have traps.

avv

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 02:35:31 pm »

?!?   Umn if you drop into a RT encounter with a PK/Merc trap it doesn't matter what your position is in the encounter, you are dead.

It's obviously makes a big difference whether you spawn in the middle of 5 sniper mercs or behind an urban area wall.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 11:16:02 am »

True but really in either case you don't have much choice even with 10 per.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 12:46:06 pm »

Don't forget mose desert encounters (NCR) have nothing to hide behind.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 03:35:14 pm »

Wait, people are still dumb enough to enter trap caravans?
I give a fuck.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »

this games is only about mutants.. more mutants you have, more player you are

avv

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 03:43:18 pm »

Don't forget mose desert encounters (NCR) have nothing to hide behind.

Which makes it even less rational why on earth did my char appear in the middle of ten guys with guns. They could not have ambushed me somehow because they didn't see me coming.

Wait, people are still dumb enough to enter trap caravans?

Caravans aren't visible on WM anymore.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 22 queries.