"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 26, 2024, 06:52:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Critical hits explained  (Read 10816 times)

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
Re: Critical hits explained
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 10:29:37 pm »

Marko69 sorry but you are wrong... That what you wrote is true in Fallout 2 (but not everything), but in FOnline critical hits had many changes.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 12:20:18 pm »

gonna bump it coz i have a question connected ..

what about NPC's (ritters / humanoids ) are the critical tables same for those or they stayed like in F2 ?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 01:45:31 pm »

They changed too, as did ghoul and super mutant tables ... aswell as a few minor changes here and there on some other critters.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Atom

• Rotator
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 05:24:27 pm »

It's bad that I noticed this thread only today. So let me write the correct version for "Critical hits explained".

In Fallout 2:

First, the chance for a critical hit. It's percentage value is a sum of Bonus Critical Chance (gained from Luck, Finesse and More Criticals perks and aimed shot) and a base chance, that depends on the main attack roll. It is equal to the difference of your tohit chance, and the actual d100 number rolled when determining whether the attack was a hit or a miss, divided by ten, rounded down.

So, for example, if you're shooting an opponent with 95% hit chance, and you rolled 64 (which means a hit), then your base chance is (95-64)/10 = 3.1 [%], rounded to 3%.

Final critical chance for a character with 6 Luck and no relevant perks and traits aiming for enemy head would be therefore (3 + 6 + 40)%.

That's right - the main attack roll is used not only for determining the hit/miss, but counts for a critical hit (or failure) chance too.

Now assume that the attack was a critical hit. Follow the http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_hit_tables . Multiplier is applied to the base weapon damage, which is increased by the Bonus Ranged or Bonus Melee damage, but NOT increased by the Living Anatomy. This is also done simultaneously with the ammo damage modifiers.

In Fonline:

There are theree main differences: first is the reworked critical hit table (still WIP).
Second, there is a separate critical hit table for an uncalled shot (they were present in FO2, but unused; uncalled shots were identical to torso shots).
Third, the critical chance bonus from aimed shot is reduced to (50 + Luck*5)% of the original value (Luck 6 and eyes gives (50+6*5)% of 60%, which is equal to 48%).

Also, http://fonlinedocs.netii.net/fo2calg.pdf - explains the FO2 critical chance in a more ordered fashion, as well as the critical failures.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:27:26 pm by Atom »
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 05:59:32 pm »

Atom, could you publish that new critical table? It can not be a mystery, which will ruin the game and more, your developmnet.
It could be a pretty thing to know differenties to original FO2 critical table.

I am interesting in changes to damage multiplier, effects, tested stats, test modifiers etc.
Knowing that values could help to optimize playing during fights, and not only ;)
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22:58 pm »

I made a 95% crit aimed shot hth char and he does about 1/4 the damage of my non crit brute damage fast shot hth char.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:37 am »

I have 1 question soo if critical chance formula is (critical table for example eyes shoot 50% + 5* luck) so with 10 luck it will be 100% of 60% so 60% and what about more critics perk in this situation its usles or is it something like that (50 + critical chance + 5*luck) of 60% ??

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 01:38:22 pm »

Its would be 60% + 5% for more criticals
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:33 pm »

So with 10 luck and 3* more critics the critical chance chance of eyes should look like this (50+5*10)+15% from perks and +10% from luck yes ?? or only (50+5*10)+15% ??

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 02:49:46 pm »

should look like this (50+5*10)+15% from perks and +10%
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 23 queries.