"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:49:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Car prices need to change...  (Read 6923 times)

Car prices need to change...
« on: May 21, 2010, 01:51:13 am »

Alright so I go to buy a car the other day remembering that buggy's were 17k and a scout was 20k. I get to New Reno and find out that the prices got jacked up by almost 2x!
Now I am guna complain a little bit so don't freak out... but did cars get better all of a sudden?! Why the heck did the prices go up? They were so cheap because they were really hard to keep but now that they are freakin expensive again AND still hard to keep what's the freakin point in buying one?

Cars need a purpose quick and spending more then 20k (or so, whatever its at now) just isn't worth the caps unless you only want it for roleplaying... so my suggestion is to bring the car prices back to the way they were before (couple weeks ago when a buggy was CHEAP) UNLESS ofcourse cars have been modified and are now actually worth the moulah
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Car prices need to change...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:45:04 pm »

Indeed, they are too expensive. Atm I've seen nobody with car better than Scout because nobody wanna risky to lose so much expensive thing.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:04:54 pm »

It would be not to alter prices but to make cars more safe. I mean everybody can steal your keys or simply kill you and loot them. I believe they should be harder to get so its safer for people to ride around in cars. Everybody is afraid of loosing them and that makes them absolutely useless feature. I believe that almost no one is using cars right now. Only some brahmin caravans maybe and then some buggy since they are cheap but thats it.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 03:13:03 pm »

The only way to make cars safer is to delete keys. Just make electrical-lock for 8 numbers and I am sure nobody gonna broke it down in time lower than some days.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:26:22 am »

man if cars were cheap enough then who cares if you lose it? buy another one I really want a car this sucks lol
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 05:17:49 am »

I agree with Pandemon´s suggestion. Just put electric locks or numpads, it´ll most likely make everyone feel better and not to mention increase the car´s popularity since it will be safer.
fucken blackmore
gimme my hammer, guy

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 12:16:36 pm »

I agree with Pandemon´s suggestion. Just put electric locks or numpads, it´ll most likely make everyone feel better and not to mention increase the car´s popularity since it will be safer.

Absolutely agreed.
Also, isn't a char with 10 CH, Outdoor 300%,  4 pathfinder perks , two Mentats and a brahmin in tow considered a 'car'? Or is it even better than one?

It doesn't cost gazillion caps, it can't be lost (think of your gazillion caps), it doesn't require fuel, it's not a trouble magnet if halted in open wasteland and it can't be stolen.

What have the cars or what should they have to offer to back up the extraordinary price and hard-to-get fuel MFCs?
I suggest them as a mobile tent location with limited stealth. They should be only visible to the owner and party members. (who knows the combination lock code) and become visible or vanish(like a tent after a week) after a day, if not retrieved by the owner.

That would suffice. Or should a outdoor bonus be added, so the driver can just drive past?

At least, that would back up the high price.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:27:36 pm by Alvarez »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »

The only thing to change is to make this electrical lock, and other things leave as they are (in which visible for all, prices, etc.)
Atm. prices do not compare to cars because of just hilarious ease steals/robs of them.
Maybe the fuel should be changed because it's also not compared, the most expensive ammo ingame is fuel for ever car? Maybe for Highwayman it should be but not for scout or buggy... don't be so weird.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:19 pm »

Absolutely agreed.
Also, isn't a char with 10 CH, Outdoor 300%,  4 pathfinder perks , two Mentats and a brahmin in tow considered a 'car'? Or is it even better than one?

It doesn't cost gazillion caps, it can't be lost (think of your gazillion caps), it doesn't require fuel, it's not a trouble magnet if halted in open wasteland and it can't be stolen.

What have the cars or what should they have to offer to back up the extraordinary price and hard-to-get fuel MFCs?
I suggest them as a mobile tent location with limited stealth. They should be only visible to the owner and party members. (who knows the combination lock code) and become visible or vanish(like a tent after a week) after a day, if not retrieved by the owner.

That would suffice. Or should a outdoor bonus be added, so the driver can just drive past?

At least, that would back up the high price.

My char with 200% outdoorsman walks faster than a car, they are crap.

Also. Cars are COMPLETELY worthless, I had one, you need like 30% lockpick to steal one. Yes yes well known story, had a hummer, 20 minutes, gone.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 02:55:53 pm »

Imho make electronic lock for cars and stealing skill would reduce number of digits needed to steal the car. Lets say from regular 8 digits needed to enter the car, 300 skill will reduce it just to 1 or 2 digits so there will be like 5-10% chance to lockpick it with each try. Also lockpicking should work same way as stealing does = guards reporting who is trying to steal it and invisible flags and all that stuff so we can protect our cars properly.

Alvarez

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 09:23:08 pm »

My char with 200% outdoorsman walks faster than a car, they are crap.

Also. Cars are COMPLETELY worthless, I had one, you need like 30% lockpick to steal one. Yes yes well known story, had a hummer, 20 minutes, gone.

And all the investment is gone. Cars need to be reworked...
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 03:56:22 am »

Imho make electronic lock for cars and stealing skill would reduce number of digits needed to steal the car. Lets say from regular 8 digits needed to enter the car, 300 skill will reduce it just to 1 or 2 digits so there will be like 5-10% chance to lockpick it with each try. Also lockpicking should work same way as stealing does = guards reporting who is trying to steal it and invisible flags and all that stuff so we can protect our cars properly.

most cars get stolen from encounters where there are no guards. Plus whats he going do do? "Hey that guy driving away is a thief! I better take note of this"

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 10:38:29 am »

most cars get stolen from encounters where there are no guards. Plus whats he going do do? "Hey that guy driving away is a thief! I better take note of this"

You did not get it. When the thief fail to lockpick the car THEN the guards will yell at him + flag him. And even when he succeed he has to guess a number from 0 to 9 (lets say 1st digit to your digital lock) to successfully get away with the car. Maybe there could be some small help such as coloring 2-3 digits (which are 100% not the right ones to open the car) in red so thief will be guessing not from 10 digits but only from 7-8. And I think that 20-30% stealing chance at successful lockpick try is just enough to keep cars "steal-able" but give people some chance how to actually protect them.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 11:47:52 am »

i own a buggy, lemme tell you your all crazy. especially about this electronic lockpad on the car buisness, look if your going to do this right you need to understand that, ok yes you can pick a car door, yes you can pick a trunk lock, now you would need to get the car started without the key, so what you do next is HOT WIRE the car, thats right hotwire. for this youd need science or repair depending on the car (highwayman,hummer would be science, buggy would be repair) the more expensive the car the harder its going to be to hotwire, due to fancy shmancy electronics. suggesting putting electronic locks on car doors before the devs or a gm for that matter even makes a comment on the electronic locks suggestion page is ludicrous. apply the real world just ever so slightly for game mechanics that make sense.
plasma nade your face off!

Alvarez

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 05:05:16 pm »

i own a buggy, lemme tell you your all crazy. especially about this electronic lockpad on the car buisness, look if your going to do this right you need to understand that, ok yes you can pick a car door, yes you can pick a trunk lock, now you would need to get the car started without the key, so what you do next is HOT WIRE the car, thats right hotwire. for this youd need science or repair depending on the car (highwayman,hummer would be science, buggy would be repair) the more expensive the car the harder its going to be to hotwire, due to fancy shmancy electronics. suggesting putting electronic locks on car doors before the devs or a gm for that matter even makes a comment on the electronic locks suggestion page is ludicrous. apply the real world just ever so slightly for game mechanics that make sense.

And don't forget the engine immobilizer system.
What you say about using different skills for picking the car, sounds good, but wouldn't it be also a folly to suggest ANYTHING, before asking our dear developers? Suggesting is recommending something new.

And i think they can comment on technics, if it's possible to make and is interesting enough.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.