Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!advice needed by experienced developers and modders  (Read 1730 times)

PLEASE HELP!advice needed by experienced developers and modders
« on: January 14, 2017, 07:30:04 am »
Hi all

Me and a few mates have been messing around on our own server for alittle while , and have had fun. But we have recently come up with a fun idea and need a few pointers.

I will quickly ask a two questions, then il post a brief description of what we aim to do so that people can offer any other advice or assistance they think may be helpful.

Questions are:
How do I change the max number of followers a player can have ?
Is it possible to make it so followers get paid a daily wage higher than 25% ?

The aim of the server is to keep Reloaded SDK largely intact, but make a few changes. First new feature is:
We want to run the server as a 4 player only private server and add 4 custom locations to world map. Each of the 4 players will be assigned one of the custom location which will pay them large amounts daily. This payment can be used to upgrade base defences by adding turrets and for buying and maintaining merc armies. Each player will beable to attack and take control of another players custom location, increasing the amount they earn daily.
If a player cant afford to pay upkeep on their mercs, they will all leave , forcing the player to rebuild his army from scratch.

So far we only have 4 custom locations and the base defence upgrades sorted, so a long way to go and only 4 newb modders working on it lol any help is welcome!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:41:25 am by chenzo1331 »

Re: PLEASE HELP!advice needed by experienced developers and modders
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:40:05 am »
How do I change the max number of followers a player can have ?

Do you need them to be true followers or can they just be milicia staying around the base ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:42:20 am by Nugent »