Author Topic: Graphical Interface Maker  (Read 4592 times)

Graphical Interface Maker
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:14:11 pm »
I've coded the basis of a GUI, that would read/write the faction.ini/default.ini residing within the data\art\intrface\ folder. It functions by importing PNGs or FRMs, then dragging them using the mouse to desired X,Y locations.

• INI Reader/Writer DONE
  • Pixmap Dragging DONE
  • PNG Support DONE
  • FRM Support PENDING
  • Associating INI Variables To PNGs/FRMs PENDING

It's the bottom one I require information on. Generally, interface elements.
Can anyone elaborate as to the structure and as to how I make sense of the INI?
How does the Game do it? Does it manually associate IntMainPic to IntMain as the X,Y coordinates? Or does it realize that IntMainPic is a filename to a pixmap, and that IntMainPic - "Pic" = IntMain is the X,Y coordinates of where that pixmap will be positioned in-game?`If so, then does that rule apply always? Is there a reference for the meanings of the variables within the INI file? Who decides the naming conventions of the variables? Is that done through scripting language (Angel Script) or is it fixed by the FOnline Client?

• Prefix = Int,Inv,Log,etc denotes which interface menu variable belongs to
  • Prefix.*X = X Coordinate
  • Prefix.*Y = Y Coordinate
  • Prefix.*Pic = Picture (Prefix.* would be its coordinate)

etc.
Those are things I've noticed, probably I could make use of that structure.

I am not familiar with FOnline development (not any Angel Script), but I've made an interface before, I am a little familiar with the INI file only through trial and error plus looking at other interfaces.

I appreciate help to get this information so that we can get this utility to make interfaces easier.

So I need a reference for the meanings of the variables in the INI or any information you have about it

Re: Graphical Interface Maker
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:58:28 am »
Hi Wizard, I've found some information at http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/GUI. I hope this helps you with your project.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »
Nearly year inactive...

Are you going to make this GUI maker? It would be really useful for creating custom interfaces.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:41:25 am »
any news about this?

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 11:54:48 am »
If I'm not wrong Cvet invented some kind of interface editor and it is included in newer versions of SDK. But I have no idea if this tool can be compatible with current online servers. Maybe with FOnline2 coz their 412 build is most close to these newest revisions.
Maybe someone from fodev guys know something more about.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 04:00:57 pm »
No. InterfaceEditor [by cvet] generates regular script, while clients before r43x just read .ini file with positions and filenames. And there's no way to make it work with older clients~
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 04:03:06 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...