Author Topic: [map] Trader Mansion base  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
[map] Trader Mansion base
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:59:01 pm »

Download here.

Feel free to use and/or modify this map as and when needed. Just let me know first so I can be proud it's useful.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Re: [map] Trader Mansion base
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:08 am »
Nice looking map :)

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:45:06 pm »
10/10 As for base map.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »
The shitter should be outside, because they obviously don't have a sewer system in the desert. :>

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 03:45:36 pm »
It also need tile fix because these city's tiles in workbench room don't fit.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 02:30:05 pm »
There isn't much else you could place instead. The stones are good for variety.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 07:07:40 am »
Nice, I love the porch.

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 07:59:24 am »
Good work, nice blending with the desert tiles, did you use some other map as template? Can be quite tricky to make it look good if you do it from scratch.

I like the broken Mr Handy at the scrapheap also, nice touch.

The city tile edges towards the desert in the workshop looks a bit weird together with the tin walls, but there's not much to do I guess if you want to have an open space without garage doors, since a straight tile would look worse, and the stone tiles makes sense in a workshop. Limits of the base art :)

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:12:21 am »
its base from fonline2, really nice  :)
http://wiki.fonline2.com/wiki/Trader_mansion

Offline Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:45:14 am »
Good work, nice blending with the desert tiles, did you use some other map as template? Can be quite tricky to make it look good if you do it from scratch.

I like the broken Mr Handy at the scrapheap also, nice touch.

The city tile edges towards the desert in the workshop looks a bit weird together with the tin walls, but there's not much to do I guess if you want to have an open space without garage doors, since a straight tile would look worse, and the stone tiles makes sense in a workshop. Limits of the base art :)
Desert tiles were probably (since it's been a while and I don't remember now) copied and pasted from e_desert1 encounter map or something similiar. I'd start to kill innocent people if I have to put these tiles one by one and keep it looking good.

Floor in the garage/workshop is one of the best I could find. Plain sand didn't look well there, wood as well, few otheres like these bricks used in Vault City streets - nah. So here we go.
[roleplay explanation]
Concrete tiles were dragged there from the city ruins and placed by Mr Handy robot, that couldn't make it and broken down in the process. Luckily job was completed before he did that. There is a warm place for him in our hearts. And our junkyard on the back of mansion.
[/roleplay explanation]
tada.wav
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 11:10:37 am »
Wichura do you get anything else?

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 01:32:29 pm »
Desert tiles were probably (since it's been a while and I don't remember now) copied and pasted from e_desert1 encounter map or something similiar. I'd start to kill innocent people if I have to put these tiles one by one and keep it looking good.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was working on a graphical map generator a few months ago until I lost motivation after finishing the loading and rendering parts, this was going to be one of the first features, being able to generate a "desert tilebed" with few different parameters based around perlinnoise.

Offline Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 08:40:03 pm »
Wichura do you get anything else?
Are you asking for some more maps to share? Might have, I just need to dig for some really good ones.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was working on a graphical map generator a few months ago until I lost motivation after finishing the loading and rendering parts, this was going to be one of the first features, being able to generate a "desert tilebed" with few different parameters based around perlinnoise.
I, as lazy and low-skilled bastard, use to base on e_desert1 for maps made from scratch. Nobody sees it, nobody knows it apart from me, and it saves shitload of time, so why not?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 02:13:23 pm »
Are you asking for some more maps to share? Might have, I just need to dig for some really good ones.

Yes I asked for it. If I remember correctly you had the vault city's player base map, you probably uploaded it somewhere on fonline 2238 forums but I can't find. So I ask do you still have it?

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 11:55:25 pm »
The shitter should be outside, because they obviously don't have a sewer system in the desert. :>

They can use water tank on roof system:

FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg