Author Topic: [2238] Just a quick question regarding looting  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
[2238] Just a quick question regarding looting
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:29:09 pm »
I have some programming skills and I'm willing to learn angelscript to design a very specific server for me and my friends.

Just before I even start getting into that, just a quick question:
Is it possible to disable full loot on death.
And is it even possible to somehow make it dependant on player's Karma or % chance?
Is it possible to set a certain loot chance for slots for specific game locations, certain world map zones?
Of course the unlooted items are kept upon character respawn.

With http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29387.0.html stuff that is of couse.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:33:40 pm by Drakonis »
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

JovankaB

Re: [2238] Just a quick question regarding looting
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
Long time no see :)
To all your questions the answer is "yes". Dependence on karma or random chance should be fairly simple as soon as you learn basics of SDK and AngelScript. Slots, WM zones etc might be more challenging. You can start by checking out function critter_use_skill in main.fos module, specifically search for "SKILL_LOOT_CRITTER". Also you would have to disable item dropping which happens during replication - see ReplicateCritter in replication.fos.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:59:49 pm by b__B »

Offline Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:41:47 am »
Oh I've been around :]

Missed you somehow. I'm in gamedev right now but making a fonline server with different approach is my unfulfilled ambition. I even dreamt about adding changes like:
- Global karma system, which for example encourages robbing someone off some of their stuff instead of killing.
- End user scenario purpose other than TC and PVP
- Horny status - which encourages you to visit a brother or have some sexy time with condom on with another player.
And many many more...

Damn this will be a long road but might be worthwhile. Thanks for quick answer and hopefully hear you soon
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:45:32 am by Drakonis »
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:29 am »
sexy time with condom on with another player.

FO: Australia , you can have sex with other npc's/players of the opposite sex if they accept to and even make children lawl :p it's a bit fucked up if you ask me but at the same  it's a fun feature to have.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:30:08 am »
I sincerely hope you make this happen, I've been waiting for a FOnline server without the Full Loot in it!

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 01:33:21 pm »
I sincerely hope you make this happen, I've been waiting for a FOnline server without the Full Loot in it!
Dont think it will happen on any Fonline server, so you need to wait Lastfrontier - fallout like game which Cvet(Fonline engine Dev) is developing. There will be no full loot.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:37:31 pm »
Dont think it will happen on any Fonline server, so you need to wait Lastfrontier - fallout like game which Cvet(Fonline engine Dev) is developing. There will be no full loot.

Sounds good! Where did you hear about them not including the full loot feature? I'd like to be sure.