"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Craftable Scenery/farming  (Read 4478 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Re: Craftable Scenery/farming
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 07:07:29 pm »

Yeah, and those NPCs not suspicious when you put mines near them, really funny.
According only to the bases its good idea, unless scripts for npc behaviour will be made this would be cool for encoutners also.
Sure. The same as stealing. they aren't suspicious when you go up and move your fists back and forth on their back and see characters just standing right behind them. In fact, I think putting traps down is LESS suspicious than using the steal skill.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:50 pm »

I think he wants the sitting animation added.
Because he thinks the way people stand near chairs and pretend they are sitting is wierd.

Yes.
Someone should make that, 4 directions for every armor, that be 64 animations in total for every kind of PC appearance.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 06:21:50 pm »

Eight?
1. Robes.
2. Other robes.
3. CA.
4. LJ.
5. LA.
6. MA.

I don't think PA and APA count as real PC armors. :P
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 02:45:10 am »

+1 to craftable scenery. All for increasing the immersion possibilities in this game.

Gimper

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 05:50:32 am »

Hahaha harold.. dat Signature  :P
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »

+1 To Craftable Scenery/farming, Because I don't want to see this suggestion lost in the crowd.  ;)

Gimper

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 03:33:40 pm »

Nice bump  ;D I too hope this gets implemented next update, As well as the traps.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 03:45:37 pm »

Nice bump  ;D I too hope this gets implemented next update, As well as the traps.
Nop, there are other things waiting.
Other than that, you really want fixboy to be flooded even more that it is now? :P

Yeah, flares were good when they lit forever. Shiny everywhere!
Is there at least one player who remember that it was a bug?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:47:10 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:44 pm »

Other than that, you really want fixboy to be flooded even more that it is now? :P

It is quite flooded, but how about partitioning it? Like having main categories (You open up fixboy, it shows: General craft, weapons, armors, doctor, scenery/containers) of course make it so when you craft something you don't get thrown out to the main craft menu because that would just be annoying :P

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 04:04:10 pm »

Is there at least one player who remember that it was a bug?
Yes, I remember Lexx's posts about how "people wouldn't be whining if we just included it as temporary in the first place" but I, and apparently others, just really like how they could be used for design.

It could be similar to the craftable containers, in that the illumination effect lasts forever if placed in a tent/base, but if brought outside, the timer continues. (I compared it to craftable containers because you can't place those outside of a tent/base, in case that wasn't clear.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:10:04 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »

Yes, I remember Lexx's posts about how "people wouldn't be whining if we just included it as temporary in the first place" but I, and apparently others, just really like how they could be used for design.

I second that. And if flares are meant to be temporary, then how about adding some lamps to the game (different colors, maybe as part of the craftable scenery)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 04:30:16 pm »

It is quite flooded, but how about partitioning it? Like having main categories (You open up fixboy, it shows: General craft, weapons, armors, doctor, scenery/containers) of course make it so when you craft something you don't get thrown out to the main craft menu because that would just be annoying :P
That's nothing new, everyone playing any FOnline game knows that since years already. Most recent drafts for what we'd like to use are something like this and that combined. Optionally, smuggle some elements from VB. Due to things planned/connected, it would most likely need moving whole crafting system to scripts, abandoning everything what engine has to offer for crafting. It won't happen in a day or two, so when you want new stuff to be crafted, you have to think how to fit it into current fixboy. It's that simple.
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49:17 pm »

That's nothing new, everyone playing any FOnline game knows that since years already. Most recent drafts for what we'd like to use are something like this and that combined. Optionally, smuggle some elements from VB. Due to things planned/connected, it would most likely need moving whole crafting system to scripts, abandoning everything what engine has to offer for crafting. It won't happen in a day or two, so when you want new stuff to be crafted, you have to think how to fit it into current fixboy. It's that simple.

Huh.... Ok, so basically It doesn't matter how flooded the fixboy will get, since there will be a completely new fixboy later on (which is great)

In this case I say dump the new stuff into this fixboy temporarily, yes I know it will cause a giant flooding, but as long as people can try out new craftables, they can do a little bugfinding as well. Im relatively certain people wont mind if they have to search for stuff in their fixboy for a while... (that is my personal opinion of course, other might think differently)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »

Huh.... Ok, so basically It doesn't matter how flooded the fixboy will get, since there will be a completely new fixboy later on (which is great)
Opposite :P It matters for people which will be forced to use such flooded fixboy until undefined amount of time. Crafting itself is, imho, one of best player-features SDK has to offer. At same time, fixboy is its worst enemy. Let's not make him more powerful until whole thing will be sane to use, mkay?
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 05:21:41 pm »

Make spikes, fences, gates, barrels etc. craftable.

Yells out for a new profession based on repair:
Carpenter lvl 1: req. repair 50, craftable furniture like shelves, barrels, seats
Carpenter lvl 2: req. repair 100, craftable fences, spikes, walls, barricades (with cover effect that modifies incoming attacks accuracy)
Carpenter lvl 3: req. repair 150, craftable gates and doors that can be locked

BTW, what happened to the locks? They somehow don't work anymore...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 2.638 seconds with 19 queries.