"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 06:48:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Improved suicide command - do you want it?

Yes, I want it.
- 45 (77.6%)
No, I do not want it.
- 13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Improved suicide command  (Read 12861 times)

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
Improved suicide command
« on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:53 pm »

As it is now, you can only commit suicide if you are unconscious.

I propose that the suicide command should allow players to kill themselves regardless of how many current hit points they have.

Why would this be useful?

Consider the following situations:

- you are stuck in a hotel room that you cannot leave
- your limbs are crippled and there is nobody around to heal you
- you want to quickly drop a huge amount of loot on the floor
- you are trapped in a glitched object and no GM is online (and let's face it, they are only online when their buddies need some items spawned; you can forget about getting any help)
- you want to get to the respawn point quickly for whatever reason
- you did something stupid and want to punish yourself

Wouldn't it be good to have the ability to end your life whenever you please? I certainly think so.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Improved suicide command
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:25 pm »

Would be too abusive, hurr should be nerfed.
(and let's face it, they are only online when their buddies need some items spawned; you can forget about getting any help)
Damn I need to admit those endless fruit trees werent from air.... :-)
h

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:30 pm »

Apart from first one, all reasons are just plain stupid.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:51:26 pm »

no all of them are good. what you want to wait for gm to come save you? have fun buddy.
Roaming the waste again.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 07:07:05 pm »

All right, so there is one fairly good reason to vote "yes" and not a single reason to vote "no."

Yet you decided to vote "no."

Congratulations.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:08:38 pm by Stration »

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:58:38 pm »

They all sucks except the one about punishing himself.

+1

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »

good suggestion. although for #3 maybe a drop all button would be more useful.

avv

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »

- you want to quickly drop a huge amount of loot on the floor

Supported because of this. Now we need dual log to shoot our haulers.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:11:24 pm »

no all of them are good. what you want to wait for gm to come save you? have fun buddy.
Save from crippled limbs ? I have doctor for that

All right, so there is one fairly good reason to vote "yes" and not a single reason to vote "no."

Yet you decided to vote "no."

Congratulations.
What are you talking about ? All except first is reason to vote no, aint going to promote metagaming.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »

Supported because of this. Now we need dual log to shoot our haulers.

Nah, you just FR. Keep a dog for haulers, very convenient. :)

Voted no, some reasons are okay like getting stuck, but bypassing any kind of travel system with ~suicide is kinda stupid. Players can still do it, and that is stupid too, random spawns anyone ? Just like before. ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:24:33 pm by T-888 »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 01:00:34 am »

random spawns anyone ? Just like before. ;D
Actually this is a really good idea, it stops a lot of bull-shitting during TC especially.

you know what I'm talking about.  Putting 300% outdoorsman 10 ch alt and killing it to be at spawn to pick up every character there and bring them back into the fight in less than 2 minutes.

Always hated that shit.  Would make killing the enemy actually... you know... matter.

OT:  I voted yes.  There is no reason not to, and there is reason to do so. 
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 01:43:51 am »

Actually this is a really good idea, it stops a lot of bull-shitting during TC especially.

you know what I'm talking about.  Putting 300% outdoorsman 10 ch alt and killing it to be at spawn to pick up every character there and bring them back into the fight in less than 2 minutes.

Always hated that shit.  Would make killing the enemy actually... you know... matter.

Better is to build a base right on top of spawn, fill it with cars and there you go. But fastrelog is better.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 01:51:49 am »

Kill random troll who has came back the #9459 time in new reno => suddenly, klamath spawn => win

Certainly some good pros with such a feature, but also a lot of cons. New players dying and appearing too far from their first tent or whatever, well you can imagine, though that could be solved with some timer that would exist for newly created characters who would spawn normally, temporarily. Never bad to dream, i wouldn't mind random spawns. Maybe a new suggestion worthwhile, involving a lot die hard discussion just for fun.

Better is to build a base right on top of spawn, fill it with cars and there you go. But fastrelog is better.

That's practiced by us already, at least was. FR is good until you run out of characters who are geared, random spawns would complicate re-gearing a lot of alts, thus encouraging less alts used in battle, though i don't think that would be very effective.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:55:57 am by T-888 »
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 01:55:36 am »

Kill random troll who has came back the #9459 time => suddenly, klamath spawn => win

Certainly some good pros with such a feature, but also a lot of cons. New players dying and appearing too far from their first tent or whatever, well you can imagine, though that could be solved with some timer that would exist for newly created characters who would spawn normally, temporarily. Never bad to dream, i wouldn't mind random spawns. Maybe a new suggestion worthwhile, involving a lot die hard discussion just for fun.

That's practiced by us already, at least was. FR is good until you have characters who are geared.
Or just cumulative Death cooldown, if it's active -> random respawn or longer death. If your last death was long time ago, you'll respawn near, if you just died and died again, you'll be respawn in random place or you'll lie dead for longer time.

Also improved suicide, as suggested here, may work like suicidal explosion but without explosion, so you'll wait for a long time till respawn, so people won't use it for teleportation, but use only if they have no more choice (stuck).
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 02:00:02 am »

Or just cumulative Death cooldown, if it's active -> random respawn or longer death. If your last death was long time ago, you'll respawn near, if you just died and died again, you'll be respawn in random place or you'll lie dead for longer time.

So it is worthwhile to do a new suggestion. Good ideas i have to say, need to think about them first, then maybe make a suggestion.

Nahh, maybe after a long time, other more pressing suggestions required. Like someone needs to make a suggestion about nerfing Troll Box, witch is going to be painful to discuss with players if i do it "oh no, sot abuser abused box now wants it to disappear bla bla bla bla"

;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:14:35 am by T-888 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.