"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:57:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Water.. it's so delicious and moist  (Read 3217 times)

Nyan

• Teehee.
Water.. it's so delicious and moist
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:49:57 pm »

People need water to survive - I've just read that on wikipedia and I must say that I'm totally shocked. I was like whoah mate, you sure? So the thing is that this topic is hot and I'm totally the greatest fan of it and we can add it to the game you know to make it more pro. People will be like 'dude, this game has water in it?' 'holy smoke, let's make some accounts man!'. Search your feelings, you know it to be true. So my idea is to make characters thirsty from time to time depending on the ENDURANCE. Lack of water will cause some minuses to your primary attributes. After some time you will start seeing double and your fighting capabilities will be reduced. After few days you will die. After the reborn your thirst will be like 50% or lower so no leaving your stuff in tent and just dieing like with radiation. Everyone will have his or hers own v13 bottle, in future it won't be v13 because of this 'we're not vault dwellers thing' you guys like to say all the time. This item will be unlootable and undroppable or you will just always get one after resurrecting - or it'll be very easy to obtain like using outdoor on junk barrel - so you dont get it all the time but you can get it.

Now the water itself. In cities there will be wells where you can get some if you pay. Traders would have some extra bottles at very high prices. If you're a citizen or something you will get discount or even free charge every day/few days.

You will be able to find some springs and streams and oasis kind of places on the desert so you can resupply, but they will be very very rare. Once you find one place you can mark it on your map-boy totally not pip-boy thingy. But those will dry up after few times of use so no guild pumping till the last drop and making money out of it. For solo purposes it will be great for few maybe more times.

Why? You ask. "It will make the game more complicated and not so 'ima rip and tear this city with my minigun'. I'm gonna have to search the desert or even PAY!" Harsh wasteland mate, harsh wasteland. So stop bawing and whining pretty boys and care bears, if the game is too difficult for a 12 years old, then stop playing it.

Same thing goes with food, but that's a different kind of story so someone write it for me. I'm going to drink my delicious water now. Bye guys :3
Re: Water.. it's so delicious and moist
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:56:57 pm »

Well, while im 100% against FOnline being kitchen sim and do not support eating systems and true shit like that, its kinda logical you would need water in the wastes. This game needs more gameplay features, but at the same time it might be kinda burdening. Well, i dont know, really... If this would be a vote, i'd skip it.
I give a fuck.

avv

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:42:04 pm »

I too am against any sort of hunger/thirst system that causes you to die or suffer if you don't feed. But food and drinks are very much related to wasteland theme. They could be involved somehow, for example increased healing rate would be a simple solution. Or bonuses to experience gain when being well fed. Humans tend to learn things better when their basic needs are satisfied.

You will be able to find some springs and streams and oasis kind of places on the desert so you can resupply, but they will be very very rare. Once you find one place you can mark it on your map-boy totally not pip-boy thingy. But those will dry up after few times of use so no guild pumping till the last drop and making money out of it. For solo purposes it will be great for few maybe more times.

But we got free water in every town, remember?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:43:37 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »

its not sims m8, water sucks :D
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:38:28 pm »

Yeah. WATER IN A POST APOCALYPTIC SURVIVAL GAME. Hah! What were you thinking? You silly goose.

FOnline is not like Fallout 3, it is for old F1+2 fans who like intelligent gameplay like shooting things and shovelling poop. What the hell are you trying to make this? Some kind of game were you play the role of people in a post apocalyptic world? That is not Fallout, Fallout is shooting people in town entrances and then emoting shitting in their mouths.

I think it's a good idea. Anything that adds a 'survival' element is good, in my book.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:53:51 pm »

Im not sure... What if for example you are a newbie and you were killed. You need to get back to your tent which is placed on the other end of the map and you have no stuff - means no water as well... So by the time youre back at your tent, you are weakened and you can get killed easly. I imagine it would be much of a pain in the ass for begining players. As far as i dont really care about whining people, I think that might be a bit to "hardcore" if not well balanced. And knowing dev's way of seeing all our suggestions, you would have to come up with the right formula or more details about how it works if you want this suggestion to be considered seriously.

But I like the idea. I think it would be also good to add some "supplies" need for bases. That would make gangs something more than just a cave with people using a workbench there. If you want a base, you need to take care of supplies so your soldiers have something to eat, drink and stuff. And i don't mean "you have to go to the grocery store everyday. And don't forget to buy some milk for moo moos as well" i mean "Supplies" - more .. erm.. RTS-like way.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:58:37 pm »

And knowing dev's way of seeing all our suggestions, you would have to come up with the right formula or more details about how it works if you want this suggestion to be considered seriously.

Sadly, the man's got a point. Better get number crunching and learning AngelScript.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 12:30:19 am »

Yeah. WATER IN A POST APOCALYPTIC SURVIVAL GAME. Hah! What were you thinking? You silly goose.

FOnline is not like Fallout 3, it is for old F1+2 fans who like intelligent gameplay like shooting things and shovelling poop. What the hell are you trying to make this? Some kind of game were you play the role of people in a post apocalyptic world? That is not Fallout, Fallout is shooting people in town entrances and then emoting shitting in their mouths.

;D

I'm thinking of dehydration events from F1. But not just symbolic. You would need water to travel (call it a fuel), but in case of dehydration you wouldn't die or be unable to travel farther (then again why not), you would just get penalties like -PE, -AP -maxHP for each degree of dehydration. You could find some random water sources (never loading a map, always a prompt first) depending on your outdoorsman skills. The quality of water would also differ (radiation). Maybe a need to make a stops at intermediate towns. Being better off traveling with a caravan when going to SF, blah, blah...

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 12:40:03 am »

>The quality of water would also differ (radiation)
I forgot to write that! Yes I thought of it as well seeing my cousin play stalker and ofc playing f3 myself. You'd have to have some kind of Geiger meter or something if not - third hand. I see how this would be overused btw.. 3 hands.

Another quick idea - make miniguns etc 2 handed so they are in both slots. :3

Dehydration could make you travel WAY slower. And I mean a lot slower like so slow you'd sell your armor to buy water. Literally.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 03:17:25 am »

Id like to see some survival stuff like this and/or a hunger system.
and i think that some like this won't make FOnline a sim game, this will add more Role Playing.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 09:29:43 am »

Hunger system-NO,cooking and other stuf YESSSSS!!!!
Need slower map speed!!!!!!!!!!!111/but not water-fuel!Imho

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 10:35:16 am »

All you guys who are against food and water system say that not because you are afraid of making it a sim - housing and stuff was alright for most of you, but because you'd have to bother gathering food somehow, or using your precious money for something instead of keeping it in bank, or having dilemma what to buy ammo or food?

No one wants the food system to be burdensome, but it really should exist in some not too hardcore way. The game would gain a new purpose instead of just killing each other for nothing. For example people would make hunting expeditions to gain some meat and sell it in the city, town control would be a fight for the supplies in the town not just for lulz.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 11:48:57 am »

The game would gain a new purpose instead of just killing each other for nothing (...) town control would be a fight for the supplies in the town not just for lulz.

What are you talking about? Town control fighting is done with CAs, Avengers, Plasma Rifles etc. - you could buy a monthly supply of food for a single item of this tier. The only impact on advanced or mediocre players would be a slight pain in the ass resembling the already mentioned trip to the grocery store. And honestly, with the ammount of fun this game offers (crafting - work; gathering - work; organised combat - even more work if you're a gang leader like me) I'll say screw you with a nice pointy middle finger sticking out to anyone who suggests that 2238 needs even more "work". We don't need tedious stuff, we need more engaging and interesting gameplay features - and the only time eating is engaging or interesting is when you're actually able to taste that damn dish, which definitely is not the case here.

And yeah, the only people that would feel what dehydration feels like are the permanoobs that are very likely to support the idea. It's the irony of these boards and the community - stupid ideas tend to get supported by stupid people who have it even harder when those ideas get implemented and who cry for the indtroduction of even more stupid ideas to "balance things out". Incidentally, they're breaking the game as they go.

avv

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:59 pm »

I'm thinking of dehydration events from F1. But not just symbolic. You would need water to travel (call it a fuel), but in case of dehydration you wouldn't die or be unable to travel farther (then again why not), you would just get penalties like -PE, -AP -maxHP for each degree of dehydration. You could find some random water sources (never loading a map, always a prompt first) depending on your outdoorsman skills. The quality of water would also differ (radiation). Maybe a need to make a stops at intermediate towns. Being better off traveling with a caravan when going to SF, blah, blah...

... and blah blah. But seriously this could be the way it could work. Food and water could be required to hunt encounters. This way encounters couldn't be farmed because you'd need lots of food and water to fight them effectively. Being dehydrated and malnutrified could simply make all of your action points into those yellow ones which only allow moving.

Like Niceboat said:

we need more engaging and interesting gameplay features

So if hunger and thirst necessities are ever implemented, they'd better be engaging and interesting.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 03:22:29 pm »

with a sexy voice

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.