Poll

Will you appreciate colorizing back ?

Yes
- 41 (82%)
No
- 9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bring name colorizing back  (Read 6603 times)

Re: Bring name colorizing back
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »

You miss the point because you have only a PVP vision of the game.
I love 50% pvp and 50% discussing of bullshit in game and when I speak of bullshit I love to say "hey look, bloody bastards gang coming in town"
Of course if you are negative and pvp only oriented, you see NC as Quake or UT team deathmatch.

Actually, it seems to me that you are the one pvp-only-oriented, as you need colors to recognise people by gang. For me, it's more logical to remember some names of those "bloody bastards" than just downloading *.txt. But yeah, having all people colored (red-bastard gang, green-carebear gang, yellow-dunno) does need less thinking and lets you take a decision quickly, instead of thinking "Who the fuck was the guy XYZ and why his name is looking familiar". If you don't have any problems with your memory, you should be able to remember who's who if you had any interaction with that player before or if you have anyone that can tell you something about him. And if all that it takes for you to decide who's bad and who's not is some funny list coloring automatically people, then again, where is your non-PvP activity? Gone?

Edit: and don't tell me you can replace it by putting a gang name in your character name for 2 reasons:
And where did I say something like that?  :)

And please don't tell me what vision of the game I have, I participated in many player or non-player organised events or projects in the past and please imagine that many of them were not involving a single shot. Non-pvp activity isn't reserved only for Non-PK players, you know, but for some time, you keep trying to tell otherwise.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 12:30:47 pm »

Can't you just play with the same name? You all have your own nicks here at forums, that's how we recognize who's who. With all the differend characters and names they have, the whole problem of not knowing who's who is caused by players themselves.
A character is player's reflection in the game world so it's up to him to build his own reputation.

No I can't

Yes, you can

No, it's harder then shoot running people  ;D

And btw. If I kill somebody, I just make a step and the wait until body disappears. No chance to be tagged this way )

then again, where is your non-PvP activity? Gone?

Lol, you can see here how bad PKers don't want NC back
Kilgore non-PVP activity. Funny joke  ;)

I don't know who decided to remove NC, but looks like this guy was mega-PK ^)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:34:08 pm by Doctor Eex »

avv

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:32 pm »

No I can't

I'll tell you how:

Write "Doctor Eex" as your charname when making a character.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 12:37:39 pm »

Lol, you can see here how bad PKers don't want NC back
Kilgore non-PVP activity. Funny joke  ;)

Yes, I expected that someone will just use an ultimate argument to everything: "You a big brainless PK you don't need NC you die!!".
It appeared in less than one minute. Amazing :)

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 12:51:22 pm »

, you can see here how bad PKers don't want NC back

compare with this

"You a big brainless PK you don't need NC you die!!".

Quite brainless interpretation from your side Kilgore, have to agree.

I'll tell you how:

Write "Doctor Eex" as your charname when making a character.

Doctor Eex is my main char. Should I have Doctor Eex2 ..... Doctor Eex10 ? Ridiculous

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 12:56:03 pm »

Oh of course, all that people wanting NC back posted were either:

- ZOMG give it back!!!!,
- some pictures,
- some personal insults like above,

what about any good reasons to bring it back? Or you gonna troll here all the way?

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 01:01:16 pm »

Old colorizing was PERFECT tool for everyone when you wanted to recognize someone by faction or by anything else.
Actual system is awfully inconvenient.
This era we buy bases just for the faction name colorizing. Kind of a waste really. With the old colorizing we could remain members of our homebases and still have easily recognized allies.
This little trick of color makes the game much richer.

If you don't want it back, you can come up with something better, because attitude problem is definetly on your side.

I don't care about NC at all to be honest.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 01:29:37 pm »

Of course NO.

If you need to know reasons again, just use search - there were lots of discussions about it and people had (and still have) the reasons to say "no".
Shortly:
- you could as well resign from nicknames, nicknames don't count when all you need is a stupid colour above player's name so you can quickly choose whether to shoot him or not (it's probably that "feature" which Cryofluid was talking about),

So, because of the armor of the guy, do you stop watching his name? When I see a "cumdragon" in fight, I don't see only his purple color, I see also the char name, that I know, and I know it's a psycho big gun who play well. Oh, and you know what? There are other colors than red and green! Yes, really! You can have yellow, blue, grey, white ! It's not only about "red=shoot on sight" "green=don't shoot". Well, maybe for you, but not for me.

- so many people whining about the fact that this game is more quake than fallout, then same people want to colorise characters.. again, team deathmatch? :)

Yeah, stop to see a red side and a blue side. There are other options. Oh, and you know what look like actual battle ? (guess not, you don't play anymore)

Now :Your bunch of friend, in your faction, with your factions color (everyone in blue/green, yeh). The bunch of ennemies, half untagged, half red tagged.
Before : Your team, in orange, your allies, in bright blue, your other allies, in dark green, some random allies, in bright green, the mercenaries you've hired, in yellow, the ennemy team, in bright red, the other ennemy team allies with them, in dark red, the final ennemy team, allied with nobody, in purple.

Question: What look more like quake TDM?

- making big alliances as complicated as pressing CTRL+C CTRL+V,

Sure, no discussion, no management, name colorizing erase that! It's easy to see that as soon the NC was deleted, there weren't any more alliances cause it was too complicated!

- a lot of additional out-of-game gang-management to make sure your gang's list includes all its members and its enemies, to make sure everyone has the damn list downloaded and blah blah blah,

Oh damn, I have to configurate my mumble/TS, so much out of game management!

- a lot of "why weren't you on our list" or "why you shot him he was on our list as green" special encounters :D

"-Why you shot him? -I didn't know he was with us, never saw his nick! -But he is allied with us since 4 weeks dumbass!" "-Oh I was thinking this guy was friend... -Nah, he killed us already 2 times, you don't remember his nick? Ккпироыв is easy to recognize damn it!" specials encounters.

- "I don't know you but you're red so die, biatch".
"I don't know you but you're weaker than me so die, biatch" or "I don't know you but you're maybe a threat so die, biatch" or "I don't know you but my friends told me they think (they're not sure like they can't remember all nicks) you are ennemy so die, biatch" is so much better huh?

It was explained many times that it's just a step back. If any nickname colorising should be introduced again at all, then probably it should be linked to faction's terminal where you could set friend, enemy and others and give them appropriate "colour". Terminals are gonna to be reworked some day, or so they said, right? Still, this is closer to team deathmatch than any roleplay game (why would your character magically know who is red and who is green and who is blue?).

Cause of gangs marks maybe? And know what? There are color on nicks IG already. But only 2 color. Because 2 colors is much more realistic, right?

Finally, nice try of making this thread locked for troll. I bet you will eventually succeed.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »

Hah, the good old trick of the let's-open-another-topic-to-say-exactly-the-same-things-so-that-we-look-strong-willed!

There is already a topic discussing about this in this very same subforum, check it out. Don't tell me you don't remember it, Holo.

This one is locked, further discussions can happen in the thread mentioned above for a better debate efficiency.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.