maybe
- 9 (14.3%)
I dont think so...
- 4 (6.3%)
no.
- 24 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: thirst and hunger system.  (Read 9253 times)

Re: thirst and hunger system.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:29 pm »

If 2238 were a bit more newbie friendly this could work
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 10:04:43 am »

If 2238 were a bit more newbie friendly this could work

The last thing we need, with the original suggestion being the 2nd last thing we need.
Seriously,
We have enough shit troubling us in the daily fonline experience; enough to make it fun.
More would just make it a chore to play the game.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:07:00 am by 5me0 »

avv

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 11:33:20 am »

We have enough shit troubling us in the daily fonline experience; enough to make it fun.

Actually nothing is troubbling us expect the troubbles we make up in our own mind. You don't really need anything because you can just hang around in your tent or base and nothing is going to happen to you. While it should be exactly the other way around: we're too busy to even think of new problems when we're already on our toes trying to get along with the existing troubbles. 

Its the wasteland, it never felt complete without such a feature...  its not really survival, you could just make a character and you've pretty much won at surviving because nothing will happen to you if u sit at your tent all day or even the first place your spawn in registration.

This was Michael's reasoning when I asked why the feature is needed. It's a good reasoning but the way he suggested it won't work. Reason is that if you can grind and amass food, the whole point of the idea is thrown out of the window.

Common necessity for everyone is probably the single most important thing fonline really needs, if devs want players to act in orderly way. Other way to make us act reasonably would be just restrict many things we like and that's prolly not going to happen.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:30:41 pm »

"Troubling" is a bad choice of word. I meant "inconvenience". I believe the level at the moment is just about right to make the game not-so-easy/hard while not having tons of layers of grind stacked upon each other.

If you add the need to feed and drink it would be too much imho.

avv

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 01:52:29 pm »

"Troubling" is a bad choice of word. I meant "inconvenience". I believe the level at the moment is just about right to make the game not-so-easy/hard while not having tons of layers of grind stacked upon each other.

How can you say it's too hard when there's no common goal towards which to aim? If there's no goal, there are no boundaries to cross and thus no difficulty.
Having to maintain your character's nutrition could act as a gradual goal for everyone. If you didn't the punishment would be that you do not have access to the other goals above it. This means you can't craft, fight or even loot until your char is well nourished again.
To not to have yet another thing to grind, the food could be ungrindable. You get it from npc factions that like you so you don't really have to grind anything, just behave so that you keep good relationships with at least one faction. The side effect of all this is that we got players acting rationally because if they didn't their food supply would be cut and they couldn't do anything.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:01 am »

The side effect of all this is that we got players acting rationally because if they didn't their food supply would be cut and they couldn't do anything.

Nay, the side effect would be that one clanmember/soloplayer would just have yet-another-alt assigned to food-hauling duty :)
Just another material in the list of materials to be farmed and hauled to the base.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:38:08 am by 5me0 »

avv

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:48 am »

Nay, the side effect would be that one clanmember/soloplayer would just have yet-another-alt assigned to food-hauling duty :)
Just another material in the list of materials to be farmed and hauled to the base.

Except that you can't haul food because it doesn't exist as items, that's one of the most important basis of working food system.
How it should work instead would be that you go to the npc faction mess hall, they check your rep and fill your nutrition bar so that it lasts like one ingame week. You can't share your food with other players because there's nothing to share. The food only exists in the nutrition bar and dialogue options. It represents that your char just eats the food right away.
For loner type of players, he would eat the hunted food right away when he encounters it so that it can't be farmed and hauled anywhere.
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 08:53:51 am »

Its unreasonable that every single char needs to be grinded for food, and that clan members cant get food for each other.
Just forget it..

avv

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 12:22:57 pm »

Its unreasonable that every single char needs to be grinded for food, and that clan members cant get food for each other.
Just forget it..

Every single char? What do you mean by that?

If you want food and you belong to clan that's hated by everyone, take unsafe town and you get food from there.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 12:37:45 pm »

If you want to see fun implementation of hunger, check out ADOM. However it's a roguelike game, something quite distant from FOnline. Google it up, if you have no idea what I mean.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

avv

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »

If you want to see fun implementation of hunger, check out ADOM. However it's a roguelike game, something quite distant from FOnline. Google it up, if you have no idea what I mean.

Adom was a singleplayer game that has completely differend gameflow than fonline.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »

So, i'm thinking about this:

1. Food: NOT a ITEM. Can't be stored in inventory, can't be dropped on the ground, can't be grinded in masses by alts. Must be bought from food vendor.

2. How does it work: Buy it from food vendor. You fuck up at food vendor' faction, you won't get food.

3. Consequences: you have to follow the rules of the faction. (can't kill or steal faction members)

4. Prerequisites: food shouldn't be a nuisance, requiring a steak and waterbag every two minutes, but every game week. You always can afford a bite, if you not fuck up the reputation in current city. You can't die from malnutrition while offline. To get full character performance, you need to eat and you mustn't grind two hours for it.

That's it. Who was talking about grind?

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 02:39:41 pm »

Gosh, I thought that main source of food will be hunting or farming (you know like real farming).
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »

Funny as it was you already did your trolling post which i and everyone else ignored, this was not necessary.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 07:50:55 pm »

Stay focused, Mr I And Everyone Else. This - I mean feeding your char - will just make boring game more boring.

I'm terrified you can't see this and consider objection trolling.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 25 queries.